Highlighted

Premiere pro 2020 Crash report on startup

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro Immediately crashes everytime on startup, and asks me to send a crash report without giving any explanation of a possible cause. I've done this mulitiple times, asking Adobe for a fix but so far nothing. I've also tried contacting the helpdesk, but it seems to be impossible to get in touch with a human being as the website keeps sending me back to an overview of installed programs.

I'm using the 2019 version now which still seems to be working, but it's lacking a lot of functions so I can't do everything I want.

Can anyone help me out? I've seen other posts on this, but the replies seem to just give links to other links, so a clearcut answer or a direct link to one would be great.

Thank you!

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere pro 2020 Crash report on startup

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro Immediately crashes everytime on startup, and asks me to send a crash report without giving any explanation of a possible cause. I've done this mulitiple times, asking Adobe for a fix but so far nothing. I've also tried contacting the helpdesk, but it seems to be impossible to get in touch with a human being as the website keeps sending me back to an overview of installed programs.

I'm using the 2019 version now which still seems to be working, but it's lacking a lot of functions so I can't do everything I want.

Can anyone help me out? I've seen other posts on this, but the replies seem to just give links to other links, so a clearcut answer or a direct link to one would be great.

Thank you!

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 27, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card.

And you can also tell us whether your system meets the minimum specs for 2020

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html

A major update for a complex piece of software like premiere usually ups the minimum specs so although your system may run 2019 without issues, 2020 may be a problem.  

There are many other steps we can take to troubleshoot your problem, but this is where we need to start.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 28, 2020 1
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mgrenadier,

Thanks for responding, these are my specs:

- Windows 10 x64 (version 1803)

- Premiere Pro Version 14.3.2 (everything from version 14 and up crashes)

- Intel Core I7-4790 --> Could this be the problem?

- 8 GB Ram

-  AMD Radeon R9 390 (8GB) graphics card

Hope you can help! (If the problem is indeed my processor, could you tell me how to get the 2019 version fully operational again?)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 29, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or anyone else?? For one thing: the replace video clip with after effects... is not working which is really very limiting to what I can do ...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 31, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your machine is on the minimum requirement. It won't work well. FWIW: What is missing in 2019 that you say is "lacking a lot of functions"?

2019 requires slightly less hardware, if that is working you might just stay with that until you can upgrade (get a new) machine.

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 31, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for replying and confirming what I thought. As for the 2019 version lacking functions: I've recently seen the 2020 version and see that I was mistaken there... I was probably thinking of some functions I've used in after effect!

Anyway thanks, and yes I'm going to stay on the 2019 version until I can update!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2020 0