• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere pro 2020 crashes. Lost entire project.

Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know PP 2020 is really unreliable. But honestly, I just spent the last 4 hours working on a project. Autosave is enabled every 15 minutes and it was saving. It crashed. When I loaded the project back up I had nothing. The entire project is gone. 

PP 2020 Version 12.2

Windows 10 Home version 1903 OS build 19362.900

Core i7 8750H 

GTX 1050 version 455.87

24GB ram 

This software crashes all the time. But losing an entire project after I've been watching it autosave is not going to work for me.

I'll be testing out resolve this week. 

- Eddy 

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you went into the autosave folder and opened recent autosaves and there's nothing in those projects either? Is there no media at all in the Project Panel?

Also - and I apologize if this is way beneath your ability level, but I've seen this confusion among new people plenty of times - the sequence is not the Project. If your sequence is closed, you can simply reopen it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I appreciate the reply. I always get the two mixed up. Basically, when I opened the most "Recent" autosave it was the start of my project. I had 2 clips added to the sequence... Even the videos that I added and then created proxies for (I have such huge shutter lag in PP 2020 I need to proxy every 4K video, even some 1080p) are gone. 

I watched it autosave every 15 minutes too. I changed the autosave settings to save to the cloud, every 2 minutes. kept 20 versions option then also hit autosave saves the current projects. 

I'm not sure what to do. I can't imagine editing something super important and then losing it all. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make a habit of Save a Copy to a different drive on a regular basis.

FAQ: When to use "Save A Copy," or "Save As," and ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alrightly I guess I can set a timer or something to go off every 20 minutes or so and I can manually save the file. It's definitely worth it in case something like this happens. 

Now that ive clicked autosave to cloud where would I find these files incase something like this happens again? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Autosave is kind of a backup. You should be saving very frequently anyway. The longer you do creative work, the more you back things up. Things happen whether it's hardware or software. You keep things in multiple places.

If you're trying to access cloud saves, check out this video: https://youtu.be/I3gO1cue2Uo?t=90

The interface of the CC app is updated, so I believe you can access the files here:

PhillipJoseph_0-1592326250768.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I appreciate the help guys. I will check it out and double save projects. Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines