• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 2020 crashes on import

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I try to import a file in Premiere Pro 2020 or version 14.0 but whenever the file exceeds 10 or 15 minutes, it freezes and doesn't respond for a while. I tried waiting but it just stood there until I forcibly closed out the program. It never did this before and I'm wondering if there is a way to fix this.

TOPICS
Crash , Freeze or hang , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same thing is happening to me. I was fine up to update 13.1.4, but after 13.1.5 came my Premiere keeps crashing on imports of long videos as well. I import short videos just fine. I thought 14.0 would fix this, but I was wrong. I can't even go back to Premiere 13.4.5 anymore so I can't even edit anything anymore

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Premiere actually crashing or just taking a while to import the file?  What are the actual file sizes and what kind of files are they?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

File Time: 39:19

File Size: 9.92 GB

File Type: MP4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And if you let it sit for about 3 minutes, does it eventually complete the import?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it does not complete the import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2019 Nov 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This started happening to me yesterday. Im unable to import anything! Worked fine before the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, when I import something, it automatically crashes and can't do anything. It is using 98% of my 16GB ram...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same issue, Please help! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happening to me too! Can import a file of 166 MB 3 min 37 sec, but a larger file just crashes it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue where I can't import any large files but small files import fine 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same is happening to me. Every time I open the file or import a video into Premiere, the program freezes and stand there for minutes. Sometimes it start to work again and sometimes it never responds. It's being unbearable to work like this and is lasting weeks.
Let see when Adobe fix it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well, i just been thru the same thing, when i import, premiere starts acting funny and freezing stuff while everything is playing in the background, and when i delete my footage it starts working again! so try selecting half of your footage and put it in a folder in premiere. worked for me, might work for you as well. good luck 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sucks. I'm glad someone is pointing it out. I hope Adobe figures this out soon, cause my jobs are backing up!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same thing for me, before the last update premiere was fine while now I can't import files for 15 days!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No news from Adobe. Quite delayed with some work because Premiere freeze when I want to import videos and it can stay freezed for 15-20 minutes. I use a lot of heavy videos, so the waiting time is bigger than the time that I am actually working. Just great -.-
And when Premiere got updated, it created a new version of my file, so I don't know if it will recognize the last version if a uninstall the newest program update. I should try at least...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, I can't believe this! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seem to be having a similar issue ... it just started this morning. I have a few long clips with file sizes in the 50 gb range and it seems to freeze on them. It's so weird I just started a project the other day with some large file sized and no issues.  All my files are in prores .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally got a fix. I've disabeled my Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630 adapter, and it worked fine. Probally also a fix for you guys?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It didn't work for me. I don't have any intel graphics, just Nivida 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2019 Dec 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea disabling the Intel Graphics didn't work for me either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2019 Dec 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do we have any update on when this will be fixed? It has been a month

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2020 Jan 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any Updates?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2020 Jan 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disabeling INTEL HD graphics worked for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*disabling. Also, you've had several people tell you it didn't work for them in the comment you made about making this fix, you don't need to flood every comment in the thread with your fix that seems to have only worked for you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines