Highlighted

Premiere Pro 2020 crashes on import

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I try to import a file in Premiere Pro 2020 or version 14.0 but whenever the file exceeds 10 or 15 minutes, it freezes and doesn't respond for a while. I tried waiting but it just stood there until I forcibly closed out the program. It never did this before and I'm wondering if there is a way to fix this.

TOPICS
Crash, Freeze or hang, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere Pro 2020 crashes on import

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I try to import a file in Premiere Pro 2020 or version 14.0 but whenever the file exceeds 10 or 15 minutes, it freezes and doesn't respond for a while. I tried waiting but it just stood there until I forcibly closed out the program. It never did this before and I'm wondering if there is a way to fix this.

TOPICS
Crash, Freeze or hang, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 05, 2019 5
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same thing is happening to me. I was fine up to update 13.1.4, but after 13.1.5 came my Premiere keeps crashing on imports of long videos as well. I import short videos just fine. I thought 14.0 would fix this, but I was wrong. I can't even go back to Premiere 13.4.5 anymore so I can't even edit anything anymore

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 05, 2019 0
Advocate ,
Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Premiere actually crashing or just taking a while to import the file?  What are the actual file sizes and what kind of files are they?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 06, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

File Time: 39:19

File Size: 9.92 GB

File Type: MP4

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 06, 2019 0
Advocate ,
Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And if you let it sit for about 3 minutes, does it eventually complete the import?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 06, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it does not complete the import.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 06, 2019 0
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This started happening to me yesterday. Im unable to import anything! Worked fine before the update.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 16, 2019 1
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, when I import something, it automatically crashes and can't do anything. It is using 98% of my 16GB ram...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 18, 2019 1
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same issue, Please help! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 18, 2019 0