Premiere Pro 2020 Crashes When Importing Big Files

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there!
I started using 4K footage and some of my files are huge now. From 30 to 80gb.
I haven't had this problem before and I'm still good when importing small files.

But when I try to import a big one, it simply freezes during the importing screen.
I checked the RAM usage and it gets slowly allocated to Premiere even during the "not responding" phase.

The thing is, after a while, I get out of RAM, and then nothing happens.
Does anyone know how can I fix it?

I have a Ryzen 7 1800x, GTX 1080, 32GB DDR4 RAM
Premiere is on a NVME SSD, the Cache folder is on a different SSD and the footage is on yet another SSD (is this a problem?)

Thanks!

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really  think at this point Adobe (comment removed) after up grading to a brand new i9 with an rtx 2060 orv89 or whatever and a solid stated drive, I had a decent windows 7 comouter tgat worked just fine until adibe didn't support windows 7 or a 4th generation in, I was forced to upgrade. Now I can't import a large file whi h I had no problems doing on my windows 7 machine. (comment removed).

Moderator note: Please do not threaten legal action on a post, it is against our community guidelines. Your comments were removed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

garethadr,

Running 14.4? Make sure your version of Premiere Pro is updated. This is a bug that has already been fixed. Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 2 versions running. 2019 and the latest 2020. I have stitched files into .mov in both prores and h 264. I also have done .mp4as h.264. Only to crash within minutes, then restart and get media pending.

All this worked on my windows 7 with a 4 generation in.

1. You might ask why can't I stitch smaller files. I can. But because of the stabilization,  it resets the view with each stitch and match framing is impossible.  My product needs a smooth continuous flow so the VR viewer doesn't get sickened when tge scene abruptly changes.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hate autocorrect

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://vimeo.com/468711491  in this video i show the Premiere version number and the problem, 

I9andRam.PNGGraphicsInfo.PNG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines