Highlighted

Premiere Pro 2020 Crashing constantly

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently bought the Creative Cloud package and Premiere Pro 2020 is always crashing.

I mean I literally open a new project, try to import a single file and it freezes and eventually crashes itself. 

Other apps are working fine strangely like After Effects and Photoshop. It just seems to be a problem with Premiere Pro? 

Does any have any suggestions? I've still got a few days left of my free cancellation policy and am seriously considering using it due to being unable to do ANYTHING in the program. 

TOPICS
Freeze or hang, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere Pro 2020 Crashing constantly

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently bought the Creative Cloud package and Premiere Pro 2020 is always crashing.

I mean I literally open a new project, try to import a single file and it freezes and eventually crashes itself. 

Other apps are working fine strangely like After Effects and Photoshop. It just seems to be a problem with Premiere Pro? 

Does any have any suggestions? I've still got a few days left of my free cancellation policy and am seriously considering using it due to being unable to do ANYTHING in the program. 

TOPICS
Freeze or hang, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 16, 2019 9
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the preferences:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/Premiere-Pro/FAQ-How-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-Premiere-Pro/td-p/...

If that doesn't work, try resetting the Workspaces:
Reset a workspace
Reset the current workspace to return to its original, saved layout of panels.
1. Do one of the following:
• Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout.
• Choose Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout.
from here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html

If that doesn’t work, try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 16, 2019 1
New Here ,
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't believe it. Recently added a 3rd monitor and moved my preview window (Program) from 2nd to 3rd. Save layout and next time I wanted to open that project it crashed. When I opened an older project with the layout still on my 2nd it didnt crash but I didnt think about that, instead I was looking into dynamic server for issues.

Here's how to solve crashes of projects after changing layout

1. open premiere and go Window -> Workspaces -> make sure Import Workspace from projects is DISABLED
  2. create new project (even with the old layout that's crashing, it wont crash the new project)
  3. change layout back to what it was or select one of the default ones
  4. close project, open the one that was crashing and hopefully wont crash now

Hope I helped.

Also this happens only in Premiere, in AE I've put the preview on the 3rd monitor and it's fine..

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 14, 2020 3
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow! I have been trying so many things when I had this the other day and just now was having problems with an entirely different file and this worked!

I am using a 2nd monitor but I think it was the layout stuff. Using the ` symbol to constantly blow-up different panels, then I thought to undock the preview window on top so I have full screen timeline with extended video/audio layers and a floating preview. But now, as that directly relates to workspaces, I think that eventually causes problems.

Thanks for this suggestion.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

June 2020 and there is still no solution for this crashing. I bought a brand new MacBook Pro yesterday .. bought the creative suite... started on a Premiere project ... got almost to the end of it ... CRASHED! Opened it again... finished the project .. tried to export it ... CRASHED! 

and I ask again... WHY ARE WE PAYING ADOBE MONTHLY????

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 26, 2020 10
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running without issue on my 2019 iMac:

Screen Shot 2020-07-25 at 2.07.45 PM.png

Have you updated the OS to the latest version 10.15.6

MtD

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 25, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine is up to date and I have the same issue

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 03, 2020 1
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I can't even get into PR PRO at all sometimes...

SOS

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 07, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. When I try to save a project I get "Sorry, a serious error has occured that requires Adobe Premiere Pro to shut down. We will attempt to save your current project." But, ofcourse the project is unable to save.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 06, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. It can freeze/lock up while playing a clip, it continues to play but is unresponsive and the spinning globe appears.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 09, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same issue I just experienced. I shut down, I rebooted. Same thing. I saved a new file, I rebooted, same issue. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 30, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No suggestions but after so many stupid issues with 2020, I'm going back to 2019. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 30, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you switch back to 2019? Did it work? 

I am now having the crashing issue. My Premiere won't stay open more than 45 seconds with out just closing the app. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS IS NOT A PERMANENT SOLUTION. I couldn't export my project as it keeps crashing so I went to Edit->Preferences->Media Cache. Under media cache files tab, I went to the location and manually shift deleted the files. My video was exported.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did that and no luck. I literally uninstalled, re-installed then shut down and called it a night. I noticed that my workspace had shifted to something very different while it crashed over and over. The next day, I tried again and the same issue but I finally started a new empty project, created a new workspace and for whatever reason, that worked! So frickin weird! I’m now checking out Da Vinci out cause premiere is becoming a bit of a nuisance.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2020 1
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see, yeah this is so annoying, I will try other software too

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2020 1