Highlighted

Premiere Pro 2020 does not start

Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used Premiere Pro 2020 fine for two days. Then one time it crashed. After trying to open the program again, it crashed during start up. I clicked the button to report the crash, and then clicked the button to start again. This happened several times. After restarting my computer, the program wouldn't open to start up at all. I uninstalled and reinstalled the Program, but it still doesn't even begin to open. The icon bounces up and down a couple minutes and stops. Force Quit says the program is running, but there no dot appears under the icon. This process repeats after Force Quit, restart, or reinstall.

macOs Catalina 10.15.1

iMac Retina 4K 21.5-inch 2017

3Ghz Quad Core Intel Core i5

16 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

Macintosh HD

Radeon Pro 555 2 GB

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere Pro 2020 does not start

Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used Premiere Pro 2020 fine for two days. Then one time it crashed. After trying to open the program again, it crashed during start up. I clicked the button to report the crash, and then clicked the button to start again. This happened several times. After restarting my computer, the program wouldn't open to start up at all. I uninstalled and reinstalled the Program, but it still doesn't even begin to open. The icon bounces up and down a couple minutes and stops. Force Quit says the program is running, but there no dot appears under the icon. This process repeats after Force Quit, restart, or reinstall.

macOs Catalina 10.15.1

iMac Retina 4K 21.5-inch 2017

3Ghz Quad Core Intel Core i5

16 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

Macintosh HD

Radeon Pro 555 2 GB

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 12, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here! Not only premiere but after effects too

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 13, 2019 1
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. Worked fine last week, booted it up this week, crashes on start-up. 
That said, it didn't work the week before. This was when Premiere was still version 13.whatever.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 14, 2019 1
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So update: Turns out this problem is pretty common with user profiles on MacOS. 

My Mac has a personal user account and a work one: the work one was giving me launch troubles with CC. The default personal one was not. 

My recommendations, if you're having launch issues, try opening Premiere on the default user profile on MacOS.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 02, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a work computer, so would like to be able to use my own profile and not the admin's.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 02, 2019 0
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Removing the Adobe profile documents in the Documentsfolder and re-starting the app might work.

Otherwise try to open it in a different user account on the same computer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 26, 2019 1
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried a brand new computer.

It was working fine until I updated to OS Catalina. Then similar problems arose again. Media Encoder doesn't open at all. Perhaps Adobe didn't develop with Catalina in mind.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 27, 2019 1
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This article may assist you in solving this problem, Sightings. Let me know if it helps.

Regards,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 27, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, that's not it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 28, 2019 0
Engaged ,
Nov 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Press the Option key while launching Premiere Pro. If still failing to launch, run the Adobe cleaner tool and re-install Adobe.

-KS

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 28, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reinstalled on a new computer after upgrading to Catalina

Appears to work for now.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 29, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not fix the problem on the old machine however.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 01, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Broken on the new machine again too!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 02, 2019 0
Tijo5C42 LATEST
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks man, it's working 😁, also I changed the version 14.0 the latest version is a crap it's not working at all

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 08, 2020 0