• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 2020 does not work when offline

Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anybody know how to make premiere work with no internet connection?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Hi there,

You can use the apps in offline mode with a valid software license for a limited period. In offline mode, annual Creative Cloud members get 99 days of grace period; month-to-month members get 30 days of grace period. For more info on this please refer to this link. Hope you find it useful.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you've had it running while online, it should work for a period offline also. But it needs to phone home every so often.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

You can use the apps in offline mode with a valid software license for a limited period. In offline mode, annual Creative Cloud members get 99 days of grace period; month-to-month members get 30 days of grace period. For more info on this please refer to this link. Hope you find it useful.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This would be helpful if you included how to turn on offline mode.  The link you attached does not give instructions on how to turn on offline mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 18, 2021 Dec 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sumeet,

Could you let us know how to turn on offline mode?

Best

Angelo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 18, 2021 Dec 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There's nothing to 'turn on'. You need to sign in with the CC Desktop app within the time period specified, but other than that, the apps should all work.

The "offline mode" just refers to running without a CC app connected at the moment. There isn't any actual "mode" of the app that is changed.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's nothing to turn on. If you've recently been online, you should be able to run for 30 days (monthly pay) or 90 days (annual pay) without being logged on.

Most of us running laptops on the go are frequently running Premiere on airplanes and other places without internet connection.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to work offline, but in order to access Premiere Pro I first have to open Creative Cloud, but of course I couldn't open Creative Cloud without being connected to the internet.

So, how do I make a direct access to Premiere Pro and Photoshop, in order to use them offline?

Thanks if someone can answer this.

Cheers 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do you have to open Creative Cloud? Just go into your applications folder and double click the program icon. A shortcut should have been created if you're on Windows in the start menu, if on a mac, go into applications and find premiere in there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, since the last update of the Creative Cloud desktop app itself you can no longer run any Creative Cloud apps offline any more. All Creative Cloud apps now MUST rely on the Creative Cloud desktop app being signed on. And when the Creative Cloud desktop app signs the user off (this WILL occur daily), the apps will automatically close without any warning whatsoever - and you will lose ALL unsaved work. Period. And a disconnection from the Internet now also signs the user off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think that's completely correct ... as per example, I have no trouble working in any of the CC apps with my laptop's wifi off.

You do need to sign into your CC account, and leave that 'on'. Then when disconnected, you can still work with the apps for X number of days (I think it's still 90) before needing to sign in again.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may be right. I had recently updated my computer's BIOS to one that supports AGESA Combo Pi v2 1.0.0.2, and my computer all of a sudden acted wonky. Random disconnects, random shutdowns and restarts. And in the middle of an exporting job, the Creative Cloud desktop app would randomly sign me out of my Creative Cloud account, shutting down all of my apps with no warning whatsoever. And it's all because of a wonky BIOS update. Fortunately, I have managed to revert the BIOS back to the version that came just before the wonky version, and all seems to be well so far. No random reboots or crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is it true that the CC2020 apps cannot be run offline? that seems really poor if it is the case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I clarified myself. My recent problems were due to a flaky computer BIOS. I had to revert the BIOS back to the previous version.

And yes, the Creative Cloud desktop app MUST be "signed in" in order to use the Creative Cloud apps offline. If you do not have the Creative Cloud desktop app "signed in," or if you don't have that app installed at all, then you cannot run any of the Creative Cloud apps at all (this includes Premiere Pro).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, but I don't actually sign in when I open Creative Cloud, and I don't sign out when I close an app. Does that just mean that I'm continually signed in on my laptop?
Forgive me if this seems like a silly question - sometimes questions might seem stupid if you know the answers.
Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, so I've answered my own question. I turned off connectivity and was able to open Premiere Pro by using the windows explorer to open the app.
This thread has been enlightening. Thanks all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No shortcuts were created when I installed the apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why do i need to be online? I do not have a internet connection!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. This is infuriating. I travelled to a remote location to film and edit where there was no internet and couldn't open Premiere. 4 days of work down the tubes.

Seems to be silence from Adobe on this front. It'd be nice if there was some solid advice rather than 'I think' or 'I don't think'

Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once the Adobe CC apps have synced themselves with the Adobe servers, you should be able to go off-line for up to three months, around 90 days, and keep working. When I've traveled, of course, my laptop for instance may be offline technically for several days, but I'm still able to work in all my apps.

So they do allow for non-connected working with that one caveat, you have to check in every 90 days. Now, I know that some video post houses have all their machines handling any content fully air-gapped, no connections to the 'net whatever not no way not no how.

Yet somehow can use Adobe apps. I'm curious what they do with those facilities.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Neil

It'd be good if Adobe gave us some clarity on this:

how do you sign in exactly?

when do you get 'signed out'? (I didn't know I'd be signed out)

It would also be good if there some explanation of this when you try to sign in when you are offline. I have 1000s of students using Premiere and some have reported this problem and now I realise what it is.

Paul 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paul,

The way they handle this is with the CC Desktop app. That handles all sign-in/out, updates, installs, fonts, everything CC related. Signing in/out is in the Help menu.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines