Highlighted

Premiere Pro 2020 has frame issues and stops exporting/rendering at a certain percent.

New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I have been taking gameplay I record off of twitch and editing it together for youtube. For some reason, whenever I take footage in 1080p, the bloody thing has trouble handling a single frame and therefore freezes up the entire program. When I edit it out, no problems. Then I go to export. 

For weeks, with everyone of my videos, it has stopped at either 94-99% fully rendered and exported. And because of it, I cannot get any work done at all. And when I go back into that section of the timeline, it is either the final few frames of the gameplay or my outro. But my outro is just a JPG file with some audio under it. It has been fine before in older videos, no idea why it is being like this now. 

Does anyone have any ideas what is going on.

For more intel, I am using a MACbook Air 2019 and Premiere is up to date completely. I have also tried using the software only function and I have copied my timeline into a fresh file. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt. Just really annoyed over this. 

TOPICS
Crash, Editing, Error or problem, Export, Freeze or hang, Hardware or GPU, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere Pro 2020 has frame issues and stops exporting/rendering at a certain percent.

New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I have been taking gameplay I record off of twitch and editing it together for youtube. For some reason, whenever I take footage in 1080p, the bloody thing has trouble handling a single frame and therefore freezes up the entire program. When I edit it out, no problems. Then I go to export. 

For weeks, with everyone of my videos, it has stopped at either 94-99% fully rendered and exported. And because of it, I cannot get any work done at all. And when I go back into that section of the timeline, it is either the final few frames of the gameplay or my outro. But my outro is just a JPG file with some audio under it. It has been fine before in older videos, no idea why it is being like this now. 

Does anyone have any ideas what is going on.

For more intel, I am using a MACbook Air 2019 and Premiere is up to date completely. I have also tried using the software only function and I have copied my timeline into a fresh file. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt. Just really annoyed over this. 

TOPICS
Crash, Editing, Error or problem, Export, Freeze or hang, Hardware or GPU, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 10, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess your gameplay recording seems to be recorded at variable frame rate

use Handbrake to transcode it to constant frame rate...

also clean your media cache and reset the preferences

(these are normal check ups in case premiere pro behaves weird)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 10, 2020 0
Peru Bob LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add to what Carlos_Ziade  said:

Please use the free MediaInfo and post a screenshot the properties of your media in tree view:
https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo

If the file is variable frame rate, which although Adobe says it will support, many users are having issues with VFR.

Use Hand brake to convert to constant frame rate:
https://handbrake.fr/downloads.php
Here is a tutorial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=34&v=xlvxgVREX-Y

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 10, 2020 0