Highlighted

Premiere Pro 2020 lagging and slowing down entire computer

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all -

Recently I have been experiencing severe lag issues when trying to run Premiere Pro 2020. I've tried multiple ways to troubleshoot this myself. The steps I took are below:

- Restarted computer (probably 20 times now)

- Did a factory reset on my Mac

- NVRAM reset

- Deleted and re-downloaded Premiere

- Deleted unused media cache files

- Factory reset on Premiere

The last attempt seemed to work yesterday but this morning, when trying to load up some projects, I'm having the same issues. What typically happens is I try to make any edit, open preferences, really anything, and I get the spinning wheel of death. When I close Premiere it causes all other apps on my computer to run slow and if I try to open up Premiere again the icon just bounces.

I'm using a 2017 iMac Pro / 3.2 HGz 8-Core Intel Xeon W / 64GB 2666 MHz DDR4 / Radeon Pro Vega 64 16GB

Thanks!

Topics

Crash, Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere Pro 2020 lagging and slowing down entire computer

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all -

Recently I have been experiencing severe lag issues when trying to run Premiere Pro 2020. I've tried multiple ways to troubleshoot this myself. The steps I took are below:

- Restarted computer (probably 20 times now)

- Did a factory reset on my Mac

- NVRAM reset

- Deleted and re-downloaded Premiere

- Deleted unused media cache files

- Factory reset on Premiere

The last attempt seemed to work yesterday but this morning, when trying to load up some projects, I'm having the same issues. What typically happens is I try to make any edit, open preferences, really anything, and I get the spinning wheel of death. When I close Premiere it causes all other apps on my computer to run slow and if I try to open up Premiere again the icon just bounces.

I'm using a 2017 iMac Pro / 3.2 HGz 8-Core Intel Xeon W / 64GB 2666 MHz DDR4 / Radeon Pro Vega 64 16GB

Thanks!

Topics

Crash, Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?