Highlighted

Premiere Pro 2020 lags and runs so slow!

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to make a video for my internship but Premiere Pro is running so slow that I can barely get any work done! The project mostly consists of jpg images. I tried working on my 2015 iMac but it kept lagging. Then my office got a new iMac (also a 2015) and we upgraded it, cleaned it up, and downloaded premiere pro. It is still running slow off of the new computer! I have all the settings in the recommended format but it doesn't make a whole lot of difference. I also have been cleaning the media cache files. It has crashed a couple of times. Any advice on why It is being so slow? I'm frustrated I can't get my project done!

Topics

Crash, Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere Pro 2020 lags and runs so slow!

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to make a video for my internship but Premiere Pro is running so slow that I can barely get any work done! The project mostly consists of jpg images. I tried working on my 2015 iMac but it kept lagging. Then my office got a new iMac (also a 2015) and we upgraded it, cleaned it up, and downloaded premiere pro. It is still running slow off of the new computer! I have all the settings in the recommended format but it doesn't make a whole lot of difference. I also have been cleaning the media cache files. It has crashed a couple of times. Any advice on why It is being so slow? I'm frustrated I can't get my project done!

Topics

Crash, Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
EuanP LATEST
Explorer ,
Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll likely get more specific and helpful input if you could share your system specs (detailed), which version of Prem you're running, as well as a little more information about your project.

I asked a related question earlier, and rightly, was asked the following:
What are your sequence settings?
What type and size of images are you working with?

Also, are you using any effects, such as position and scale?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines