• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 2020 - Lower bitrate

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I can't find the option (or at least it won't let me select it) to lower the bitrate of my video so that it doesn't take up 10GB of space. In 2019 I could just use the scale and lower it from 10 to 1, but now I can't find it. How do I lower it?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2019 Nov 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this when you're trying to export your edited video?

Under the Video setting is Bitrate Settings as in the screenshot below.
export_bitrate.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2019 Nov 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2019-11-23 at 12.24.09 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-11-23 at 12.24.26 PM.png

Yes, in the previous version I can find that, but in the new update I can't. The version is Premiere Pro 14.0.0 (Build 572)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have v14.0.0 installed to test.

What format are you exporting your video to? have you tried changing the format to see if that gives you Bitrate settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again,

Are you going to Media Encoder?

Looking at the latest Media Encoder support page (uptaed this month), it shows bitrate settings:
https://helpx.adobe.com/media-encoder/using/export-settings-reference.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey man! I know I am a year late, but I found your post and, if you haven't found the answer yet, I think this may help - it's a scrollable box (even though there isn't a scrollbar to the right). Use your mouse wheel to scroll down, and it's at the bottom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bitrate is still there in the 2020 version. Some formats/presets don't allow setting it. Change the export settings "format" to H.264 just to test, then look under the Video tab.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines