• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 2020 not opening projects

New Here ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! Currently I am trying to open up my premier pro projects. I am able to open the app on my iMac, but when I go to open a project, it will attempt to open, then it wont respond. I've reset my computer and restarted premiere a few times now. I'm unsure what to do next.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Create a brand new project and import the old project into the new one via File > Import.

Have patience, large projects take som time to import and one can get the impression that everything has freezed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive used ALL advice on here, kind of in the middle of several things. Its all 4k30fps nothing fancy, and the video is short. it let me put it together, then stopped.   its all same as Ive used since I got PP 8 months ago.  nothing on my end has changed just PP not working at all. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive downloaded mediainfo view  cant find "tree"  what am i doing wrong here? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh well...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This started happening to me last week... I have the latest update, plenty of space and never had a problem. Having to recreate a new project open my last project is a bit on the klunky side... Can we get this fixed???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try dumping your cache/media cache database files before opening the projects?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Neil, I did dump the cache and it still is happening. I have never had this issue until this past week... As far as I know nothing has changed on my system or with Adobe creative cloud. I am not aware of any updates since this began. I have even had to make a new project of the new project if I shut it down and then try to reopen, although that has not been the case in every instance. Some of the new projects created do open just fine..

[cid:39d3b917-91af-4cd8-8b9c-8bbc9abe327b]
Kevin Cole | Producer
423-364-8882
Kevin@kcoleproductions.com
kcoleproductions.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely file this with complete details on their UserVoice system. That gets the information directly to the engineering team and in collated form to the upper managers who decide budgets & such.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Neil, I just sent it as you suggested...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with the latest version of Premiere. I've traced my issue to when I have Playback set to my HD monitor (a 3rd display connected to my 2019 Mac Pro running Catalina). If this is set as such, the next time I load Premiere and try to open any previous project, PP hangs and needs to be force quit. If I wipe prefs by opening with OPTION/SHIFT held, then everything is fine. So basically loading projects with Playback set to my HD monitor will crash PP. I guess I'll have to live without my preview display, which is unfortunate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that's just crazy... I too have a monitor connected. Perhaps next time I will unplug my monitor before opening a project...

[cid:fa0e592f-68bf-4cde-b30d-3800f1c80fa1]
Kevin Cole | Producer
423-364-8882
kcoleproductions.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So taking Neil's advice I changed my settings for playback monitor away from my external monitor to laptop monitor and it seemed to have worked. Then I tried selecting both my external monitor and my laptop monitor together and so far that seems to be working...

[cid:aedfc970-4b5f-4b81-80c1-d32a8144170f]
Kevin Cole | Producer
423-364-8882
kcoleproductions.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issues.
I'm resorting to disabling my preview display to get my files to load. 
I knew I jumped too soon on the upgrade.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup disabling the external monitor seems to work... When I open a project I then go back and select my external monitor... If I close projects and open other projects without shutting down premiere I have no problem... So it only seems to be a problem when starting premiere...

Kevin

[cid:041a8b2f-05f6-47d0-9374-14558504504f]
Kevin Cole | Producer
423-364-8882
kcoleproductions.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue. Thanks for the work around solutions. Hope this will be fixed...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started having the same issue with Premiere 2020. It seems to me if I close down Premiere with the Enable Mercury Transmit OPEN to display full screen on my 2nd monitor, it will not open next time.  If I CLOSE down mercury Transmit before quiting Premiere the problem is solved. Solution seems to be disable Mercury Transit BEFORE quiting premiere.

Mercury Transmit has always been buggy for me, sometimes it fails to work all together. I wish this was solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this problem for weeks now and your suggestion fixed it for me, so thank you. You have to disable Mecury Transmit and it works. What an absurd bug! needs to be fixed ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks I will try disabling Mercury Transmit... Either way at least I don't have to create new projects to open a project like I was doing...

[cid:39be73a3-c8c5-44eb-9e26-50b33e48b987]
Kevin Cole | Producer
423-364-8882
kcoleproductions.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have the same issue with the latest version of Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. Thank you for the posts. Turned off monitor out "Enable Mercury Transmit" - opens fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all - I have a 2013 Mac Pro running Mojave - 14.3.2 allowed projects to open and close with "enable mercury transmit" turned on; 14.4 and 14.5 exhibit the "hang on launch" with projects mentioned here as many have found.

Turning OFF "enable mercury transmit" works for launch, but if you leave it on and quit, I can't open any projects without resetting prefs and caches.

Adobe, please jump on this ciritcal bug. It's repeatable, and many are experiencing it with their playback monitors.

Michael Schoenfeld

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another footnote; I have reverted to 14.3.2 until this is remedied. It's stable for me, but the ProRes RAW controls are quite limited. Hopefully, Adobe will work dilligently to expand ProRes RAW implementation.

Thanks,

Michael Schoenfeld

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a Windows 10 PC and reverting to 14.3.2 was the "solution" for me too. Creating an new project and importing the old one would also work, but I had to do it EVERY SINGLE TIME I started up PP. That is just not feasible when all you want to do is get to work. I'll get by on 14.3.2 until Adobe figures out what is wrong and fixes this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing exactly the same issue since I installed Abobe Premiere Pro's latest version - 14.6.0 (Build 51). Disabling Mercury Transmit seems to be the avenue indeed at least for me too and I am somehow relieved that I am not alone on this issue. Big thanks to the ones who figured out the bug. As a subcriber to Adobe CC and freelance proffesional, it is suffice to say that that issue unacceptable and I expect that Adobe will resolbe the issue immediately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh also, I do not have mercury transmit enabled (never have) and I still get this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines