• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 2020 reverses Hebrew text when I use title templates

New Here ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I changed my preferences (Graphics: South Asian and Middle Eastern + Default Paragraph Direction: Right to Left) and when I use the 'Bold Web Caption' template for subtitles it reverses the text (instead of 'hello' I get 'olleh').

Is there anything I can do to fix this problem? I use IBM Plex Sans Hebrew font and all my preferences seem fine yet it keeps happening even after I close and reopen the program. 

Screen Shot 2020-05-28 at 17.55.37.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-28 at 17.48.03.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-28 at 18.00.18.png

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Hi A,

Sorry, were you speaking about the new captions? One of our engineers said the following:

Do you have South Asian and Middle Eastern set in your Caption Track Settings? Right-click on the Caption track header, choose Track Settings... and then under Styling Options > Text Engine, click button for South Asian and Middle Eastern. Then click Ok button.

See if that will work for you.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Were you able to find a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi A,

Sorry, were you speaking about the new captions? One of our engineers said the following:

Do you have South Asian and Middle Eastern set in your Caption Track Settings? Right-click on the Caption track header, choose Track Settings... and then under Styling Options > Text Engine, click button for South Asian and Middle Eastern. Then click Ok button.

See if that will work for you.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kevin, that worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, How can I get into the  Caption Track Settings? Can you send a screenshot please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Kevin!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, How can I get into the  Caption Track Settings? Can you send a screenshot?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here you go. Right click on the Caption Track you want to set. Pick Track Settings.

PR 2021 Captions Captions Track Settings Dropdown.PNG

 

Then set it to South Aisan and Middle Eastern.

PR 2021 Captions Captions Track Settings Asian.PNG

Stan

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still doesn't work for me. Very weird. Tried several times changing the settings as instructed and saving and exiting the software. Re-openning it but nothing changes. I can type in arabic but when my .srt file in arabic is imported and dragged to the timeline I still have the ************** instead of my arabic text. 

I'm using the latest version of PR. 

Anyone found a loopol ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines