• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 2020 stuck in "Not Responding" Can't open old or new projects

Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2020 Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've recently updated to PP 2020 and now I'm unable to open new and old projects alike. No matter what I do the program ends up in a frozen screen of "Not Responding." 

I've tried uninstalling the application, updating my drivers, then reinstalling and installing the drivers once again and still the same issue persists. Not sure what I need to do to once again be able to create new projects and edit. 

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the same boat as you. Downgrading no longer works for me too. What GPU do you use? I've noticed other forums had people with NVIDIAs especially 2060 RTX SUPERs experiencing these problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Xmatt. I am indeed using Nvidia. I am expecting a call from Adobe today, will addrss this to them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so after two days waiting they finally called. I was told it is due to my NVIDIA Quadro M1000. If I install a newer version: any of these:

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/premiere-pro/user-guide.html/in/premiere-pro/system-requirements.ug.html

So I upgraded to NVIDIA Quadro M4000 wich I was told would surely do the trick ... it did not 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problwm here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same problem here.....

8 out of 10 attempts fail to start permierePro 14.5 win10 .

It not even works by pressing the alt key at startup .... only 1 time , I got, the response...are you really shure resetting...?

By answering YES ... it started . Then I did nothing else as save a plain , new project...and 2 minutes after, the same freeze on starting premiere pro.
It cannot have to do anything with the projects .... the freeze happens way before coming to the project-selection.

It seems that it clearly has something to do with preferences , or hidden licensefiles and their security rights ......

One of my machines works perfectly without these problems......installed by myself.... the other one , company machine , installed by the it-department, is that one , where starting permierepro is impossible......

...so , what to do ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of my machines works perfectly without these problems......installed by myself.... the other one , company machine , installed by the it-department, is that one , where starting permierepro is impossible......

This almost certainly due to restrictions placed on your PC by your IT department. It is most likely an issue with disk permissions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well , Jeff, that for sure can be a reason ...... but that is why I'm asking.
What folders oder files are beeing accessed during this startup process ? Where can I check ? What permissions are necessary ?

As others have stated , it can also be an access to some graphics-driver or the dual-screen ability (not in my case ..here both of them are laptops .....
SO, does anyone know where there is possibly a hidden logfile , where we can see what causes the startup-freeze !?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here the same, some 8 out of 10 times it starts up. Now-a-days I try 10 times in the morning in the hope it will. So I won't close it the whole days. I noticed it better starts when opening an old file, so I just close the project and not the programm in order to start a new one. Takes all in all more time, but at least I am able to work ...

Have been helped by: Shweta, Aditya, Sneha, Varun, Dasari, Saumya, Ankit and Shashi. Non of them fixed my problem, all did the same steps. (uninstall, install older  version, etc etc)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have dual monitor setup.  Hopefully this is the fix:

- Go to Task Manager, make sure all Adobe Premiere are closed.

- Locate the Premiere .exe file in your C drive.

- Run as Administrator

- Go to Properties (right click on the .exe file on C drive).

- Under Compatibility

- Check "Disable fullscreen optimization

- Quit

- Relaunch Premiere the usual way (by clicking the pproj file...etc.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creativeadvantech - this seemed to work for me as well.  Full story.  Had a user using dual monitors (does that haveanything to do with it? - who knows).  Adobe Premiere Pro 2020.  Windows 1803.  Updated the graphics driver, which DID help (made the opening quicker/smoother when it DID open), but the Adobe Premier Pro.exe was still "Not Responding" about every third or fourth time on open.  Making the "Disable fullscreen optimization" appears to have fixed that.  Kudos to you!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what graphics driver did you update ? Nvidia ? Intel ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(Dell laptop) Intel UHD Graphics 620.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going to say it has something to do with dual monitors. Thats when this started for me. I was able to open everything fine bfore I started to TRY to use a dual monitor. Couldnt get the second monitor to show in the full screen so I gave up on it for now being I had to finish a project. At least the app itself was opening for me...I just wasn't able to open the project from the welcome screen. 

I'm on a mac...does anyone know where the disable full screen optimization setting would be?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Removing email replies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue with PP 2020.  PP just stops responding.  I am unable to open projects that I exported in previous versions.  I downgraded PP and I was able to open the projects.    Just wanted to make sure there was another report of this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing these frustrating problems with adobe premier pro 2020... I am currently working on a big project and this is causing massive back dates ! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using multiple displays?  If yes have you try the below?

I have dual monitor setup.  Hopefully this is the fix:

- Go to Task Manager, make sure all Adobe Premiere are closed.

- Locate the Premiere .exe file in your C drive.

- Run as Administrator

- Go to Properties (right click on the .exe file on C drive).

- Under Compatibility

- Check "Disable fullscreen optimization

- Quit

- Relaunch Premiere the usual way (by clicking the pproj file...etc.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had the same issue (Mac Pro M1). Deleted all cache + preview files... nothing. Did a restart and now it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried all these things but it didn't work. In the end an Adobe technician took remote control and sort the problem but I am not sure what he did to fix it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have the issue, but the best and consistent workaround that I found was to open a new project, let the program load the timeline, etc., and then open your project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think i found a solution for some of you! 

Go to where you have saved your premiere pro project, in that folder you see some other folders like ''Adobe Video Previews''
''Adobe Audio Previews''

Delete those! But keep the Premeire Project file and the Auto-save folder.

This fixed it for me, somehow it got stuck on the rendered video previews! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running PP 15 here, literally just happened to me not even five minutes ago; still won't launch.

I'll restart my workstation here once more but this is now the third time this has happened for me in the last 24 hours. Not sure if a solution/fix has been found yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines