Highlighted

Premiere Pro 2020 stuck in "Not Responding" Can't open old or new projects

Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've recently updated to PP 2020 and now I'm unable to open new and old projects alike. No matter what I do the program ends up in a frozen screen of "Not Responding." 

I've tried uninstalling the application, updating my drivers, then reinstalling and installing the drivers once again and still the same issue persists. Not sure what I need to do to once again be able to create new projects and edit. 

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere Pro 2020 stuck in "Not Responding" Can't open old or new projects

Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've recently updated to PP 2020 and now I'm unable to open new and old projects alike. No matter what I do the program ends up in a frozen screen of "Not Responding." 

I've tried uninstalling the application, updating my drivers, then reinstalling and installing the drivers once again and still the same issue persists. Not sure what I need to do to once again be able to create new projects and edit. 

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 26, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try holding down the Option (Alt) key when launching Premiere. This will reset all your preferences back to their default state:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-premiere-pro/td-p/... 

MtD

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 26, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just gave it a shot, it did reset my preference but, it resulted in the same issue as before. "Not Responding." 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 26, 2020 0
Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac or PC?

MtD

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 26, 2020 0
Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 26, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PC

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 26, 2020 0
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm experiencing the same issue, did you find a solution?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 22, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also experiencing the same issue... Please help!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 31, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. When I open PP I cannot view anything and PP is freezing. Uninstalled and reinstalled the software but I still have the problem of the software "not responding". It is really frustrating as my daughter needs the software for school work!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 18, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here... In fact every project on my system and I have many due to revisitng clients - non of them can be opened without creating a new project and importing everytime.... It is the only way to open a project.

WAKE UP ADOBE! FIX THE ISSUE PLEEEEAAAASE!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2020 0