• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 2020 UI won't refresh/update after various media imports

Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frustrated and hope you guys can help me out. Been using Premiere for decades, currently on a burly Win system. My issue below started happening just this week, after updating to the newest version of Premiere Pro 2020, and updating my NVIDIA driver originally to the Studio Driver. Unforutneately, that driver corrupted Lumetri modified clips in exisitng projects, so I opted to use the 451.67 Game Ready driver which fixed new Lumetri modded clips.

Quick summary of the issue:

Scrubber works fine on a project. After importing several different types of media ranging from small PNGs to WAV audio to out of camera GoPro video content, the scrubber will no longer update and behave correctly. Clicking on a menu pulldown will update the play head's position, but still doesn't work interactively. deleting that imported media will immediately allow play head to scrub interactively...

System Info:
Windows 10 v.1903

Intel i7-5930 3.5GHz

64GB Ram

Dual Geforce GTX Titan X Pascal GPUs

Game Ready driver version: 451.67

(Studio driver version caused Lumetri issues)

Video processing and media on dedicated 1TB SSD

Media cache on dedicated 1TB SSD

To best see what is happening, check out the 2 minute screen capture video I've linked to here: 

TOPICS
Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thinkcooper,

We're sorry about the poor experience. We can get this checked. Is this happening with any specific project or is it with all the projects? If this is happening with any specific project, try these steps and check if it's helping.

- Close Premiere Pro and navigate to Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro\14.0\Profile-username\

- Rename the folder named Layouts to OldLayouts (it will reset the workspace in Premiere Pro)

- Open Premiere Pro and create a new project

- Navigate to Window > Workspaces > uncheck Import Workspace from Projects

- File > Import > navigate to the project file you were working with and import it

Once imported, check if it's working properly.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Sumeet,

That solved the issue for the project I highlighted in my video above. I assume I should save out the new project and use it for edits going forward?

In answer to your question, I have at least 4 other projects that had this issue arise over the last week. Will I need to repeat your process above for any other project to date that is having issues with imported media causing UI issues? Was there something I did wrong that caused this issue to keep showing up in subsequent new projects?

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG! Thank so much for this thread. I just went through mind-numbing trouble shooting and when I found your video I almost jumped out of my chair with a Hallelujah. 

My issue is that I was hotswapping HDMI ports for my new VR and I think my premiere pro was freaking out. I had the same lagging issue as you. 

The solution worked. Thank you so much for existing and posting this thread. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Premiere Pro 2021 and this solved the issue initially for me. However, the next time I added a mp4 clip to my sequence it broke things all over again. These mp4s were imported along with the the rest of the project when I initially fixed it the first time.

Is this a permanent bug or is there a long term solution to this? I don't want to reimport my project everytime I add a new file to a sequence...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is unusual behavior ... shouldn't be happening.

So ... what created those mp4's ?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made them in after effects and rendered them using the media encoder. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yowza.

Is this for all projects, or only this one?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've only ran into it for this project so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would suggest dumping all cache files, then creating a new project. From the Media Browser in PrPro, navigate to and select the old project file. Import one sequence at a time, and check each out.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines