Highlighted

Premiere Pro 2020 unusable on Macbook Pro 2020 13inch

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Premiere Pro to edit short commercial video content, primarily in 1080p and never doing anything too fancy. However it only ever runs successfully for a short while (maybe 10 mins or so) before seeming to grind to a halt. When I try to pause playback the audio keeps going for ages after, nothing I do can stop this. Everything else just seems to slow down completely.

Closing and reopening Premiere then brings it back to an okay level, where it works for another 10-20 mins before the same issue happens again. Rinse and repeat.

This is of course extremely frustrating. I have been forced to move mostly over to Davince Resolve but for some things I am required to stay with Premiere and I would love to keep using it as I know the whole Adobe Suite well. But this is making things extremely slow for me.

Any advice would be great. I am using a new 2020 Macbook Pro 13inch, 2.0GHz Intel Core i5 Quad-Core, 16GB RAM version,

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere Pro 2020 unusable on Macbook Pro 2020 13inch

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Premiere Pro to edit short commercial video content, primarily in 1080p and never doing anything too fancy. However it only ever runs successfully for a short while (maybe 10 mins or so) before seeming to grind to a halt. When I try to pause playback the audio keeps going for ages after, nothing I do can stop this. Everything else just seems to slow down completely.

Closing and reopening Premiere then brings it back to an okay level, where it works for another 10-20 mins before the same issue happens again. Rinse and repeat.

This is of course extremely frustrating. I have been forced to move mostly over to Davince Resolve but for some things I am required to stay with Premiere and I would love to keep using it as I know the whole Adobe Suite well. But this is making things extremely slow for me.

Any advice would be great. I am using a new 2020 Macbook Pro 13inch, 2.0GHz Intel Core i5 Quad-Core, 16GB RAM version,

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 11, 2020 0
Engaged ,
Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like your laptop is heating up after about 10 min and then it slows down to cool.

A 2.0GHz i5 is not ideal for video editing, that's why it's heating up so fast, it would be under constant load.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 11, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Damn that's a real shame. When I was researching this laptop it seemed like this would be capable of what I need but clearly it is not

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 11, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The current ultra-slim MacBook Pros all share one huge common failing: The lack of any airflow or ventilation at all whatsoever.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 11, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if the heat is the issue, you might get a laptop stand with fans built in.  Not a lot of money and although I never had the same issue, my macbook pro was running hot til I got one.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 11, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a good shout thank you, I will look at investing in one

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 11, 2020 0