Highlighted

Premiere Pro 2020 v14.5 lagging on image sequences

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Guys,

i have been using Premiere for a while now, but after a recent update im confused. As a 3D artist i frequently use image sequences for animation preview and editing. I have never had any lagging problems and now, even with small .jpg files the premiere is sooooo laggy- unusable. How can I adress this problem? (video files prev works fine, i have cuda acceleration on and enouche disc space for cache)

specs:

Intel i7-6700HQ CPU 2.6

32 GB Ram

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Mobile

TOPICS
Freeze or hang, Import, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere Pro 2020 v14.5 lagging on image sequences

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Guys,

i have been using Premiere for a while now, but after a recent update im confused. As a 3D artist i frequently use image sequences for animation preview and editing. I have never had any lagging problems and now, even with small .jpg files the premiere is sooooo laggy- unusable. How can I adress this problem? (video files prev works fine, i have cuda acceleration on and enouche disc space for cache)

specs:

Intel i7-6700HQ CPU 2.6

32 GB Ram

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Mobile

TOPICS
Freeze or hang, Import, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 30, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try turning off cuda acceleration.   premiere updates often put higher demands on your system.  you might check to make sure your system is compatible

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html

and you might want to revert to the previous version that was working...

and image sequences can be very demanding of your hardware.  you might want to convert your image sequence to an all iframe format like prores or investigate a proxy workflow.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, turning off the cuda acceleration didn't work and the specs are higher than recommended so ill try to instal an older version. Thanks a lot for the reply.

Greetings

K

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 01, 2020 0