Highlighted

Premiere Pro 2020 won't launch

Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro 2020 is installed on my Dell laptop (Windows 10).  Recently, it has nearly stopped launching.  I say "nearly" because maybe 1/30 times it will launch -- it's completely unpredictable. 

When I launch I always make sure that a.) I am logged into CC and b) no other applications are running. 

I have tried different ways to launch Premiere:

1. double click the .exe file in the directory
  2. clicking the icon in the start menu (see attached file)
  3. by opening a .prproj file
  4. by selecting a video file and "open with"

None of these has worked.  Is this operator error?  Is anyone experiencing this problem and/or know how to fix it?

Topics

Crash, Error or problem, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere Pro 2020 won't launch

Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro 2020 is installed on my Dell laptop (Windows 10).  Recently, it has nearly stopped launching.  I say "nearly" because maybe 1/30 times it will launch -- it's completely unpredictable. 

When I launch I always make sure that a.) I am logged into CC and b) no other applications are running. 

I have tried different ways to launch Premiere:

1. double click the .exe file in the directory
  2. clicking the icon in the start menu (see attached file)
  3. by opening a .prproj file
  4. by selecting a video file and "open with"

None of these has worked.  Is this operator error?  Is anyone experiencing this problem and/or know how to fix it?

Topics

Crash, Error or problem, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Dec 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same issue

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same/similiar problem. It was opening, then not opening. Once it opened, then closed when tried exporting, and then wouldn't open again. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but no improvement. For me, what finally worked was when I opened Task manger and saw the Premiere Pro process was still running. I ended just that one process, closed Task manger and tried again- voila, Premiere Pro came right up. It's not a fix, but it's a suitable work around for now. Hope this helps...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same issue

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue too!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines