• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 2020 won't play a png sequence

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to report a big issue I came across today. I imported a 270 frame png image sequence (with an alpha) and each frame was around 388 kb. When I would try and play that sequence, I would get about 1 frame ever two seconds to play. Even when scrubbing, it would take a second or two to update the playback. To make sure it was an issue with 2020 and not user error, I imported that exact same sequence and it played real time of course in 2019. I tried 1/4 resolution as well in 2020, nothing changed. I'm on a 9900k at 5.0ghz and 2) 2080tis so I know it has nothing to do with my system. Love the software though!

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

maybe try eonverting the png sequence to a format that supports an alpha-channel like prores4444.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue which is a big deal for myself and my team. Every project we work on has sometimes hundreds of .pngs. I first noticed the issue trying to ripple delete, and playing in the timeline would take about 5 seconds to catch up. Now I'm trying to place .png graphics and the whole thing is freezing constantly. This is a huge mess. Adobe, please fix this immediately. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you dealing with a png sequence or individual pngs?  And do they have an alpha channel (transparency)?  I understand your frustration, but doing a quick conversion will probably be a solve your problem.    If you've got photoshop, doing a save as a photoshop file without layers will probably work.  Certainly worth a test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's individual .pngs in a 1280x720 sequence with .mp3 audio, no transparency. These are tiny tiny files, and all previous versions of Premiere have handled this exact thing perfectly fine. Doing a quick conversion isn't really manageable because I'm dealing with multiple graphics departments and this is part of our long standing procedure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, any updates? I am having the exact same behavior, but i really doubt that it is a common issue: war would have started 😛

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last I checked it was simply an issue with CC 2020 that I'd guess is baked in and not going anywhere. Our team reverted everything we could back to CC 2019 because working in 2020 was a huge waste of our time. I'll be sure to test out CC 2021 whenever it drops to see if the issue is still there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HUGE GLARING ISSUE - did anyone find a resolution to this?

Our workflow here for our EZ cable TV spots is to render out of after effects to JPG sequences to import into premiere to add audio and disclaimers. Worked great in all other Premiere versions. Upgraded to Premiere 2020 and now i'll get <1 FPS in GPU accelerated mode and maybe 2FPS if i turn off GPU acceleration.

Audio will play but no image update to the viewers. Exporting the sequences is successful but takes an extreme amount of time compared to other formats.

By experimenting with other formats I found that TIFF (no alpha) and EXR (with alpha) sequences playback & export just perfectly.

We have several older Mac Pros (2015 era) with AMD GPUs that do not have the issue above using the same PNG or JPG sequences while in Premiere 2020.

Rough system specs :
I9-9900X
RTX 2080
32GB Ram
Win 10 10.0.18363
Latest Nvidia drivers (as of 12/1/2020), also tried installing the creative-ready drivers with no change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You guys have got to post over here: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

User Voice is where the Adobe engineers look for bug reports, enhancement requests, etc. The urgency for bug reports or new features can be judged by how many of us users upvote the requests. You can search for similar requests using the search feature at the lower right. It's best to upvote a request that has some traction (votes) already, and you can upvote and reply to that thread. If you don't find one the matches your request, then enter a new one. Regardless, post a link back here so those seeing this thread can upvote also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a post over there this morning, thanks! Searched but didn't see anything matching my issue.

Everyone knows communication with Adobe is like screaming into an abyss hoping for a direct reply. But I posted it in as many places I could find because the fact that I can't import/play/render the most basic of image sequences on a machine that did fantastic in CC2018 - makes it clear we have a software bug on our hands.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK great, I just upvoted for you.

If you have a short sequence you can zip and upload to google drive, etc, I can try it here on 2020 if you like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines