• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 2020 XDCAM Export Slow

Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Prior to recent 2020 updates, I was able to render XDCAM 50 60i  timelines and export 20 minutes in about 3-5mins. The render itself took 30 mins to an hour depending on what elements were not in the "native" XDCAM50  60i CODEC, but once that was done exports conformed to about 5 mins for 22 mins.

Currently, exports of these fully rendered timeline are closer to 20 mins for a 20 minute timeline. The timelines are set to xdcam 50 60i, redered fully to XDCAM 60i. Footage is 90% XDCAM and a few mp4's from the graphics team. This is important for inserting small revisions that need to be made without each export requiring extra time to re-render or export.

When fully rendered it should come out blazingly fast because we are not transcoding as it did in the past. What changed?

MacPro, running Mojave, RX Vega 56, 64 GB RAM Exporting to 4TB NVME SSD Raid

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Alright. Discovered the problem. I siding realize that using track wide audio fx would add 20 minutes to the process but it does. I've never seen audio take longer to render, but fine. Remove the FX all is back to normal. I can export 20 minutes in about 3.5. Exporting the audio only take about 15 mins, but once the mastered tracks are "bounced down" exports are much quicker. 

If anyone know alternatives to work around this let

me know. Otherwise I'd say bounce that audio down and or don't use FX

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there! Can I ask you, how do you export your video to XDCAM? I can't find any present for XDCAM in Premiere Pro 2020. The format I need to export out in are, XDCAM HD422 1080i 50 (50Mb/s). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there. I should have said xdcam in an MXF wrapper. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Alright. Discovered the problem. I siding realize that using track wide audio fx would add 20 minutes to the process but it does. I've never seen audio take longer to render, but fine. Remove the FX all is back to normal. I can export 20 minutes in about 3.5. Exporting the audio only take about 15 mins, but once the mastered tracks are "bounced down" exports are much quicker. 

If anyone know alternatives to work around this let

me know. Otherwise I'd say bounce that audio down and or don't use FX on the audio track until you're exporting the final version. Don't waste your time with FX in rough cuts. It might drive your producers crazy if they can't hear the changes (like removing noise) until it's mastered but this is just the way it is. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines