PREMIERE PRO 2021 15.0 CONSTANTLY CRASHES AND CAUSES IMAC TO RESTART

Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I have an Imac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019)
3,6 GHz Intel Core i9 8 core
32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
Radeon Pro 575X 4 GB

which I bought to be able to edit 4K footage. I've been editing in Premiere pro a documentary with proxy files, cache has been clean, I have 700GB of space in the computer but since I've updated the software to BIG SUR Premiere Pro has been crashing when it goes in playback mode and the computer shuts down and restarts on its own.  This is my full time job so this is a nightmare.  

I've also reorganized the Premiere project and made it lighter but nothing seems to work. It might be a Big Sur issue? 

Please help,

S

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here.

I'm on a Mac (2015) running Big Sur 11.2.3. It seems to be an issue with every single app, not just Premiere. The problem also happens at random - I can be working for a couple of hours and then the computer freezes - I experience a hard crash - and the computer has to reboot. At this point, I'm up to 5-10 hard crashes a day.    

I've been on the phone with tech support for a full week now. I call numerous times a day and Customer Support informs me that my case has been escalated and that I need to be patient I should expect a call within the next couple of hours - it's been 3 days since my case was escalated and still no phone call. I believe it's time to switch back to FCP.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Susanna, 

I even installed previous versions of Premiere and After Effects but I continue to experience hard crashes - so it appears to be an issue with the Big Sur OS. 

Not sure what to do here.  At the very least, I wish Adobe would uphold their promise and have an experienced technician look into the case and contact me instead of continuing to tell me to be patient and that the case has indeed been elevated and a technician will contact me in several hours  - the "hours" are turning into weeks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Kevin,

yes, I'm pretty sure it's a Big Sur problem because every app takes ages to launch and even the most basic tasks are way too slow. Considering I paid almost 5k for this computer it seems surreal. 

I was able to clean up the premiere project I was working on (made it much lighter, deleted useless old sequences, matched all the clips' framerates, cleaned cache's files, took off all Fx from clips) and for now it hasn't crashed. 

The only certain thing I know is that my next feature film will not be edited on Premiere. I had too many issues and waisted hours of work trying to figure out why it crashes and takes 15 minutes to save. 

I hope the technician calls you, let me know! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There appears to be a Mac OS update. Let's hope it solves our problem!

finger crossed. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines