• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 2021 crashes when launched (Mac)

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. When I launch Premiere Pro 2021 it displays the startup graphic and various loading processes; however, it crashes without ever successfully opening. I have uninstalled/reinstalled the application several times, held the Option key when launching, added .old to the Premiere Pro folders in the Documents/Adobe and Library/Application Support/Adobe directories, and I have restarted my Mac Pro (Mojave 10.14.6) various times as well, all to no avail. Please advise. Thank you.

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi LosAngelesEditor,

Sorry for your issue.

Do you see any error message or crash report? What's the last loading module that you see? Also, what are your system specifications (CPU, GPU, RAM, OS)?

LLM Pr.png

You can try the solutions mentioned in the following article: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-troubleshoot-premiere-pro-crash-at-launch/td-... 

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Nishu. No error messages nor crash reports are presented prior to the crash/launch failure. Attached is a screen capture of the last loading module that I see before the Splash screen vanishes. 

My Mac Pro system specifications are: 
* OS Version: 10.14.6 (18G103)
* Processor: 2.7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5
* Memory: 128 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
* Graphics: AMD FirePro D300 2 GB

Finally, I tried the solutions mentioned in the article that you linked heretofore...they yielded no change per the aforementioned problem. Your thoughts? 

Thank you, 
Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andrew,

Contact Digital Anarchy for a current version of the plug-in, Flicker Free (or uninstall it). That should solve your issue. Kudos to Nishu for asking for the right screenshot.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Kevin, however I already did that and it did not solve the problem at-hand.

I have searched for a singular 'plugins' folder associated with Pr but I cannot find such within my Mac. I have found several (or more) places where various third-party Pr-centric plugins are stored, but even when I removed them and launched Pr, it still somehow showed them as loading (per the Splash screen), just prior to again crashing.

In another industry-standard application I use [Pro Tools by Avid] I can pre-disable all plugins; i.e., prevent them from loading during the application's launch process. That feature is very useful to help one sort-out [Pro Tools] plugin issues similar to this one that I am having with Pr. How can I pre-disable all third-party plugins when I launch Pr? And if for some reason that is not a feature within Pr, where are said plugins definitively stored in the Mac system relative to Pr?

Thank you,
Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andrew,

The feature to stop the plug-ins from loading is not available in Premiere Pro. On macOS plug-ins are stored here: HD/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Plugins/7.0/MediaCore

Remove all the files and folders (except dummy.txt) temporarily and see if it helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2024 Jan 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the exact same problem. There must be a solution somehow. There must be someone who knows what to do. Does anyone know the answer to this problem?

Rich

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 04, 2024 Jan 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there!

Sorry about the issue. Could you try some suggestions mentioned here? https://adobe.ly/3tESSB6

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

^KR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the exact same problem that you are reporting here.  Did you find a solution to your issue, and if so, would you mind please sharing it?  Thanks so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines