• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere pro 2021 keeps losing connection with my dynamics links to after effects

Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never had this happen before, It happens when I save after-effects as well as other random times. This really doesn't help with getting work done quickly.

Please can you let me know why this is happening and if you have a solution for me, thanks.

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Import , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lawrence,

Sorry about that. The place to start is verifying the versions you are working with and making sure they are compatible. Which versions are you working with?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Adobe Premiere Pro 2021 and After Effects 2021

I've just recently been working on syncing animations to audio and found the linking was working.

But now it's stopped doing it again.

What's the next stage?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah, what Kevin said.  but I had this happen on a very complicated project with numerous AE comps in my timeline a few years ago while working on an underpowered older mac.  I probably had too many individual comps in the ae project.  I was always able to eventually fix the problem, often by just launching the ae project directly, making my changes and doing a save.  I found that it was usually smarter to actually render out my comp in AE with a high quality codec like prores422hq and actually placing this exported file on top of the ae comp in my premiere timeline.   As I said it was an older underpowered mac and this workflow definitely made Premiere more responsive...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm just gonna throw out a couple of ideas out as when I saw this behavior I was in the heat of battle and figured out how to keep working rather than understanding the issues and what caused them.

Are you working with everything stored locally on  drives connected directly to your computer rather than working with AE and Premiere projects and/or media stored over a network or on the cloud? If so, as a troubleshooting step, try working with everything on a local drive.

re you using the same AE project for multiple AE comps linked to a premiere projects?  Not sure if this is an issue, but I did see problems as my AE project got more complicated.  If so, you might try creating an ae project for each linked AE comp.  Someone who has more experience with this workflow might be able to say whether this is a problematic workflow. 

What happens if when you see this problem, you manually open the AE project and make changes and do a save?  Does the comp in premiere update propertly?  If so, simply figuring out a consistent naming convention for your ae comps would keep things working at least in the short term.  

Please, if possible, answer these questions in a systematic fashion.  Never easy to diagnose these issues from a distance.

I've learned over the years,when participating in these forums, to throw ideas out that may help solve the problem even if they're long shots...  they sometimes do work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines