• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 2021 Not Lunching 2017 iMac Catalina

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Apologies this sounds very familiar, but I havent found an appropriate match on the database here yet.

iMac (21.5-inch, 2017

2.3 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5

16 GB 2133 MHz DDR4

Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536 MB

Until recently I have had no problems opeing Premiere and running light edit sessions. For the past few months however I have barely been able to open/launch Premiere without restarting, force quitting several times, often driving me to bail altogether. When I click on the icon, either nothing happens - not even the bouncing icon, or eventually it does launch the opening loading graphic windo, but never launches the application.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your machine is not powerful enough to run 2021 and most likely trying to edit highly compressed footage such as H.264/5.

https://helpx.adobe.com/nl/premiere-pro/user-guide.html/nl/premiere-pro/system-requirements.ug.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion Ann! Per the link you supplied, my system meets the requirements, and the issue is failure to launch - not even getting to the point of importing any media. I haven't had this issue previously, so I'm surprised it has become a new issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you.

Trashed preference?

Deleted media cache?

Reinstalled the program?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines