• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 360 Video Editing/ adjusting Center / Starting Frame / Initial Angle

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey lovely Team,

I am currently trying to edit a Samsung Gear 360 Video.

I have already stitched the 360 Videos within the gear 360 Action Director and I am ready to edit.

My Problem within editing is the following.

The Image has a center, which is not always the center i want it to be.

For Instance, i have a shot where the camera faces a wall and on the oppsite side  (180°) there is the ocean.

When i put this on the timeline, i can see, that the frame that the viewers are automatically getting is the wall...

I need to adjust that starting frame, Field of View, Center-Point. I would like to have it the ocean in this cut.

Some scenes later, i have that same shot, but i have a skateboarder in front of the wall, so i would like to have that center again at the wall.

So what i need to know is: How can i adjust the center, the field of view, that the final output will get?
I also need to adjust it within 1 file for several times, so i would be able to have 1 shot, several cuts with several centers, that possible?

looking forward to your help guys!

best regards,

Thomas

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

I have found this guide to be quite useful.  At the bottom is a short video where the user duplicates the source video left and right and offsets all too re-position the centre.

360 Video Production Tactics: What We've Learned So Far | Wistia Blog

Hope this helps,

Nick

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found this guide to be quite useful.  At the bottom is a short video where the user duplicates the source video left and right and offsets all too re-position the centre.

360 Video Production Tactics: What We've Learned So Far | Wistia Blog

Hope this helps,

Nick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Thanks for the tip but shouldn't there be any easy way to do this right on the clip in Premiere?

Shouldn't there be a feature for choosing the starting angle of each clip in Premiere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2017 Jul 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

use the offset effect under video effects. your welcome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@julemrsic thank you that worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the Offset Effect as mentioned. Works great for starting point. Is there any way to stop the viewing angle from changing throughout the video? For instance, I am using a 360 camera in a moving vehicle but it is constantly trailing away from my starting point. I know it's minor and probably redundant but my OCD wants to find a way to lock the viewing angle unless the viewer chooses to change it themselves. Thank you all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am here in 2020 and still looking for this answer....very telling that after 2 years....it still isn't answered.  Why am I paying money for this program again?     Functionality is less than free software from some 360 cameras,  learning/support is non existent for 360 video, etc etc.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can try, if you find the discontinued ( which is really a shame):Gopro vr plug in, but I am not sure if it is exactly what you are searching for.

All the best

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines