Highlighted

Premiere Pro adding it's own Grade/LUT

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

Editing some footage and had disable all masterclips etc and then started to colour correct and then added a lumetri color effect and started to grade. When I shut down the project and re opened it I then found premiere had added a lot of saturation and what looked like another grade onto the footage also. It had done this slightly whilst I was trying to grade in the first place but it seemed to go away...

The advice I got was that i should switch to software only in the project settings, which did fix this temporarily but has now reverted back to premiere over powering the grade.

I went to the live chat and they've said 'Because if you are seeing it fine then the issue is with the Gamma rays as because the premiere pro needs 16 points of the gama rays and the apple Mac only has 8 points of the Gama rays , that is the reason that the file will look better in the VLC media player as the VLC media player also contains the 16 points as well, It is the issue with the apple designs only Pink as these gama rays are less it will be shown less grade out as compared to the clips in the VLC or in windows system'.

Are any other Apple mac users having this issue?

Please help 

Thanks

TOPICS
Editing, Hardware or GPU, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere Pro adding it's own Grade/LUT

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

Editing some footage and had disable all masterclips etc and then started to colour correct and then added a lumetri color effect and started to grade. When I shut down the project and re opened it I then found premiere had added a lot of saturation and what looked like another grade onto the footage also. It had done this slightly whilst I was trying to grade in the first place but it seemed to go away...

The advice I got was that i should switch to software only in the project settings, which did fix this temporarily but has now reverted back to premiere over powering the grade.

I went to the live chat and they've said 'Because if you are seeing it fine then the issue is with the Gamma rays as because the premiere pro needs 16 points of the gama rays and the apple Mac only has 8 points of the Gama rays , that is the reason that the file will look better in the VLC media player as the VLC media player also contains the 16 points as well, It is the issue with the apple designs only Pink as these gama rays are less it will be shown less grade out as compared to the clips in the VLC or in windows system'.

Are any other Apple mac users having this issue?

Please help 

Thanks

TOPICS
Editing, Hardware or GPU, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 09, 2020 0

Have something to add?