Premiere Pro, After Effects, and Media Encoder 2020 Extremely Slow Startup

Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have started to experience an issue where it takes Premiere Pro, After Effects, and Media Encoder almost 2-3 minutes to launch. This happens every single time you launch the software so it doesn't matter if you close it and then try to launch it again, the same result occurs.

I have looked up different solutions on here but none of them have helped. Here is a little bit about my PC.

Processor: i9-9900k @ 3.60 GHz

Memory: 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4

Storage: Western Digital SSD x2

Graphics: NVIDIA RTX 2070 Super

Adobe CC: Up to date

I have uninstalled all of Adobe's suite using the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool and tried to reinstall the programs in two different locations. Every single time it takes these specific programs approximately 2-3 minutes to launch. 

The only thing that I did prior to this issue is that I moved the Media cache location to another SSD. I tried moving everything back to its default location with no success. I keep going in circles trying to resolve this because another workstation with the same settings works perfectly fine so I'm not sure what is causing this issue here. Is there any way to completely remove CC and start completely fresh? I do like to install my software on a different SSD so I don't clutter up my Windows OS SSD but I am fine with installing CC on the regular C:\. I have tried this before but, again, no success. 

Have any of you experienced this and have resolved it?

Thank you in advance.

TOPICS
Freeze or hang, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere Pro, After Effects, and Media Encoder 2020 Extremely Slow Startup

Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have started to experience an issue where it takes Premiere Pro, After Effects, and Media Encoder almost 2-3 minutes to launch. This happens every single time you launch the software so it doesn't matter if you close it and then try to launch it again, the same result occurs.

I have looked up different solutions on here but none of them have helped. Here is a little bit about my PC.

Processor: i9-9900k @ 3.60 GHz

Memory: 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4

Storage: Western Digital SSD x2

Graphics: NVIDIA RTX 2070 Super

Adobe CC: Up to date

I have uninstalled all of Adobe's suite using the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool and tried to reinstall the programs in two different locations. Every single time it takes these specific programs approximately 2-3 minutes to launch. 

The only thing that I did prior to this issue is that I moved the Media cache location to another SSD. I tried moving everything back to its default location with no success. I keep going in circles trying to resolve this because another workstation with the same settings works perfectly fine so I'm not sure what is causing this issue here. Is there any way to completely remove CC and start completely fresh? I do like to install my software on a different SSD so I don't clutter up my Windows OS SSD but I am fine with installing CC on the regular C:\. I have tried this before but, again, no success. 

Have any of you experienced this and have resolved it?

Thank you in advance.

TOPICS
Freeze or hang, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 21, 2020 0

Have something to add?