Premiere Pro & After Effects Dynamic Links problems

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would appreciate any advice. I'm nearing the end of a 90 minute edit and suddenly my five dynamic-linked After Effect projects appear offline (pending) when opening up my Premiere Pro project. What's more, when I try to re-link the media/AE project, Premiere Pro just crashes and I have to force quite...with a message saying "there has been serious error...". What might be happening? Thanks. 

TOPICS
Crash, Editing, Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Import, Performance, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Mathew,

I wonder if clearing your preferences and trashing your media cache would help. There may be something left over in those files that isn't supposed to be there.

Preferences: FAQ: How to reset (trash) preferences in Premiere Pro?

Media Cache: FAQ: How to clean (delete or trash) media cache files?

Can you please try to close premiere again and open the after effects project save it  and reopen premiere? it is good also to keep after effects project open while working in premiere

Another thing..When you open the after effects project where you already did your animations that you imported to PPRO ..Do you have any problem there? working normally? worst case scenario save your after effects project to another location and import them to premiere again if the rebooting steps are not working or render the files in after effects and import all of them as video files to premiere.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Matthew15C2 AUTHOR LATEST
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much Joelle. Let me try these things and I'll report back... 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines