• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro and After Effects crash on startup. Tried everything.

New Here ,
Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PC Info:

CPU: i5-7500 @ 3.4 GHz

RAM: 8 GB DDR4

GPU: GTX 1050 Ti

CC Versions:

Premiere Pro: 13.0.2.38

After Effects: 16.0.1

The Problem:

Premiere Pro errors at "Loading ImporterQuickTime.prm" with the message:

^1 could not find any capable video play modules. Please update your video display drivers and start again.

Sometimes it says "^1" at the start, but sometimes it's just a blank space.

(Screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/0a3TKil.png​)

After Effects hangs at "Initializing MediaCore" for a few seconds, then crashes with no error message. I get the Adobe Crash Report dialog, and have submitted crash reports.

Sometimes I do get the crash report dialog, sometimes it just hangs for a few seconds and quits.

(Screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/lmnyawY.png)

Attempted Solutions:

I have:

• uninstalled and reinstalled both Premiere Pro and After Effects multiple times;
  • updated, uninstalled, and completely reinstalled my GPU drivers;
  • used the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool on Premiere and After FX;
  • started Premiere Pro with Administrator permissions; and
  • created a new user account, to no avail.

I have not:

• reinstalled Windows. (I want to see if there are better options before I go through all that trouble.)

So:

If anyone has had this problem and solved it, or knows anything I can do to potentially help the problem, please let me know! I'm willing to do just about anything. I don't want to reinstall Windows unless I absolutely have to.

Thank you in advance, community!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 03, 2019 Jan 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi hadenp,

Sorry for your issue.  I understand that you are getting crash issues with Adobe Premiere Pro.

Have you considered increasing the amount of RAM installed on your computer? you can refer to this link: Adobe Premiere Pro CC System Requirements

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have plans to upgrade my computer. However, both Premiere and After Effects have run fine for me on this machine before this issue. I haven't done any hardware changes since everything has worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 32 GB and have the exact same problem...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It usually happens that when you install, uninstall and re-install an application, in Windows at least, debris remains in the registry. You may find it by formatting your hard drive then doing a clean installation of Windows but first try deleting the preferences of Ae and Pr. In the list of possible solutions you have not done it yet.

Close Ae or Pr.

When clic to open Ae or Pr, immediately press Shft + Alt + Ctrl (on Windows) and keep pressing these three keys until If you see a dialog box where you are asked if you want to delete the preferences in Ae, press OK. In Pr there is no dialog box but the recent files in the welcome window do not appear.

Regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I've tried this on both Pr and Ae, but with no different results. I may have to just reinstall Windows, seeing as none of the fixes I've seen anywhere on the Internet have worked. I just wish I could figure out what caused all this to help others with similar issues—I didn't uninstall or reinstall anything before this started happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen others report that same error message.  Give the forums a search, see what turns up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Roll back to 13.0.1. If that doesn't work, try repairing Adobe folder permissions: Re: Adobe Premiere Pro could not find any capable video play modules. Please update your video displ...

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem just started for me today. For me, it was the God awful IntellHD 530 graphical chipset.

I downgraded the IntellHD 530 drivers to the oldest version I could find that was supported on my Laptop and now the software works perfectly fine.

I really hate being both an Adobe beta tester and Unpaid service tech.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just wanted to THANK YOU, as this was the main issue with my system. After spending a few days trying to find a solution (and reinstalling WINDOWS), this solved the issues.

SO, if your Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects and Adobe Media Encoder do not open (they crash on start, they get stuck at the loading screen), this is the main problem.

If you look in Task Manager, you will notice that they are barely using any resources when being launched. SO just to reiterate (for search engines sake, so that they can see this solution):  If your Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects and Adobe Media Encoder do not open (they crash on start, they get stuck at the loading screen), try uninstalling your Intel 530 graphic card driver!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines