• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro, (and Media Encoder, and After Effects) Won't Open. Nothing Happens.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

About a month or two ago, suddenly photoshop (I'll get to premiere in a second) would not render video. It just got hung up in the "initializing video export". The progress bar would fill completely, but then it just sat there. I tried updating, using an older version, reinstalling, no dice.

Finding no other solution, it was suggested I try opening the psd in Premiere Pro. I installed Premiere Pro on the CC app, clicked open and...nothing happened. I tried with After Effects, same thing, I click open, and there's not even an error noise. The click clearly registers, but the button seems to do nothing. Same thing with Media Encoder. I checked the Task Manager to see if the programs were actually running at all, and there's nothing.

So all of my CC programs that deal with video export seem bugged somehow. Illustrator and InDesign open as normal. Animate also opens.

The last thing I tried yesterday was a complete clean install of CC and all its apps. I used their cleaner tool as well. Still nothing. I've seen other threads with a similar problem, but none of those solutions worked for me. Help?? 😞

I have a Windows 10.0.19041

Processor is Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHz, 3501 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

Graphics card is a Radeon (TM) RX 480 Graphics

And with the clean install from yesterday all the adobe products should be as up to date as can be.

TOPICS
Crash , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 10, 2021 Jul 10, 2021

A complete reinstall of Windows 10 seems to have done the trick. Thanks for your help, MyerPj! I appreciate it! 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much memory.

I see you did run the cleaner... the idea is to uninstall everything, run the cleaner and then install CC and then the Apps you need.

Be sure to run the Adobe Cleaner after you uninstall the programs and before you re-install them:
Also, reboot your computer between steps even if you are not asked to...

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for the reply!

This computer has 32 GB of physical memory installed.

Yes, sorry I should've clarified. I uninstalled CC and then used their cleaner before reinstalling CC and the apps to test if it had helped. I can't remember if I restarted the computer between uninstalling and then using the cleaner. I definitely restarted between using the cleaer and then reinstalling, so I'll try it again making sure to restart between the uninstall and the cleaner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alas, I tried again and made sure to restart between each step, still no change. I got a split second of a spinny wheel after I clicked open the first time. And pressing open for Premier Pro did automatically download Media Encoder, but still neither will open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm... tough one. Can you create a new Windows user account as an Admin, and install it there. That would indicate a problem with your current Windows account? Kinda going deep here...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can probably check that, let me just clarify what you meant. Do you mean create a new Windows user account and make that account an admin account? Or were you asking if I have the admin priveleges to make a new user account of any kind?

The account I've been trying this on has been the admin one. There's already another account on the computer which is not admin, so I tried that one just now, and same thing, no response. Although when I switched over it already had the same CC apps uploaded that I had just reuploaded to the admin account, so that seems the info is at least somewhat shared either way.

I'm also going to try rolling back a couple windows updates as well, just in case and see if that does anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually I have an update! I had seen some accounts of similar problems trying to open via the .exe files for the programs and having no luck, so I hadn't tried it myself. But I just tried it. The programs didn't open of course, BUT I actually got an error message!

Seems like it's the missing msvcp110.dll problem. I tried reinstalling the recommended Visual Studios C++ stuff and it doesn't seem effective, so I'm just gonna try a full re-install of windows at this point. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2021 Jul 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A complete reinstall of Windows 10 seems to have done the trick. Thanks for your help, MyerPj! I appreciate it! 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2021 Jul 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, way to go Melissa. The test user account was the one step before a complete Windows reinstall. 

I usually get a new HD (ssd/etc) and install a clean Windows setup on it and use the old one to copy files over to the new, then can archive or use the old one for backups or to hold less used files, etc...

In fact I have now a Samsung 980 (nvme) 1TB to replace the 960 (500gb) but I haven't got around to it yet. This windows install has been going since 2017 and is still pretty good, and I have an SSD I can boot to, for testing things before I put them on my main machine / Windows.

So well done and keep coming around here, you'll pick up many tips...

pj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey sir !

can you pls tell me how to reinstall windows without data loss

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just google your question and there are hundreds of answers...

https://www.google.com/search?q=reinstall+windows+without+data+loss

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines