Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro and nvidia geforce gtx 960m

Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

my Premiere Pro stopped working about 3-4 weeks ago... its veeeeeeeeeery slow and not possible to work with it. So I am not able to edit any videos.

My son told me that its because of the graphic card.... is that true??? Because its just 3 years old and I cant buy a new one at the moment 😞

TOPICS
Crash , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, be more specific about the "veeeeeeeeeery slow" issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well it takes endless till it opens a small project with only a 3minutes mp4 (video and audio) and very few graphics and transitions in it  (about 10-15 minutes?). (Before this problem occured it opened it within seconds... )

When you click on something to edit ... like a graphic or audio...  nothing happens... or again you have to wait for several minutes... when you click on "effects" nothing happens... 

BUT there is not the "not responding" message... that message only appears when you click too often. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Now I can tell for sure it's not caused by gtx 960m. Check if you have enough free space on the C: drive and Premiere Pro cache drive. If that is not the case, something is likely wrong with your OS, like a virus, or 3rd party tool that eats all resources (like antivirus, lol), or maybe faulty HDD.  Try to close all background apps while running Premiere, plus check windows task manager for CPU/HDD/RAM utilization. That should give some hints what is going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines