Highlighted

Premiere Pro Auto Save files missing

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I worked on a project for a couple of days, then switched to another project and completed that. Today I tried to reopen the previous project but it's nowhere to be seen. I know it was auto-saved because that's how I reopened it earlier. I also noticed that every other project I've worked on, bar the most recent, is missing from the Auto-Save folder. Am I missing something here? These projects surely can't just cease to exist. 

TOPICS
Community Information

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere Pro Auto Save files missing

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I worked on a project for a couple of days, then switched to another project and completed that. Today I tried to reopen the previous project but it's nowhere to be seen. I know it was auto-saved because that's how I reopened it earlier. I also noticed that every other project I've worked on, bar the most recent, is missing from the Auto-Save folder. Am I missing something here? These projects surely can't just cease to exist. 

TOPICS
Community Information

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 28, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to the Premiere Pro forum from Community Help

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 28, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too! Did you ever get an answer? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 12, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

more than likely the location of your autosave folder is not where you think it is.  do a search for your project name and see if it turns up, probably in your user/documents/adobe folder...  I'm wondering why the op was opening autosaves in the first place.  If your premiere project file is kept in place that you choose, you should be able to find it...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 12, 2020 0