Highlighted

Premiere pro blue screen issue

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone

I'm completely out of idea right now so maybe if somebody fixed that particular issue that would swell. One our users is having an issue where the simple fact of opening PP cause a Blue Screen with this error message "THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER". I've tried everything and i'm 100% sure the issue is caused by the new Radeon driver as reverting back to the old one doesn't cause any blue screen. Problem, his video editing get super laggie and unworkable. 

I've tried everything, AMD uninstaller + fresh install, forcing the correct GPU, updating windows, updating bios, reverting to the old driver, changing the laptop but the thing just won't work with the new driver

HP Probook G5 15u

16go ram, DDR4 2400

Processor. Intel Core i7-8550U

AMD Radeon Pro WX 3100 - 2048 MB

Topics

Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere pro blue screen issue

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone

I'm completely out of idea right now so maybe if somebody fixed that particular issue that would swell. One our users is having an issue where the simple fact of opening PP cause a Blue Screen with this error message "THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER". I've tried everything and i'm 100% sure the issue is caused by the new Radeon driver as reverting back to the old one doesn't cause any blue screen. Problem, his video editing get super laggie and unworkable. 

I've tried everything, AMD uninstaller + fresh install, forcing the correct GPU, updating windows, updating bios, reverting to the old driver, changing the laptop but the thing just won't work with the new driver

HP Probook G5 15u

16go ram, DDR4 2400

Processor. Intel Core i7-8550U

AMD Radeon Pro WX 3100 - 2048 MB

Topics

Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have you checked the premiere minimum specs to see if the graphics card (and all other hardware) is approved?

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah I checked it's fine, all are above spec for premiere pro. Plus it was working fine until last week the user complained that he couldn't work because of the slow down. I updated the entire thing and then the blue screen appeared 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BOSD is usually a hardware issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines