• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro Cannot Locate Media Files

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two years ago, I created many videos, each consisting of multiple video and audio clips. I stored the video and audio clips used for a given video in a folder, along with the Premiere Pro file I created of the finished product. Fast forward to this week, when I decided to make changes to one of these videos. Upon opening the Premiere Pro file, I discovered that Premiere Pro could not locate ANY of the video or audio clips associated with this project - despite the fact that I have not moved, renamed, or deleted any of the imported clips. They have remained on my computer in precisely the same location for 2 years. The only change I have made is in my Adobe account, which is now linked to a different email address.

When I opened the Premiere Pro file, I was confronted with the "Link Media" dialogue box. Fine. I figured I'll just relink the 30 something video and audio files contained within this project, as they are all contained within one folder. After choosing the "Locate" button and pointing Premiere Pro to the very folder where all of the clips reside, I was surprised to find that the Premiere Pro search box was completely empty. I have chosen "All Files" under file properties, and still nothing appears in the search box. I then used the "Search" function to search fot a particular clip, but gave up after one hour without any success. I don't have 30 plus hours to conduct file searches.

Can someone tell me why Premiere Pro is now unable to locate any of the media clips, even though the clips have remained in the same location on my computer and have not been renamed? Why would Premiere Pro be unable to locate the clips, even when I specify the very folder within which these clips are found? Could this be related to security settings in macOS? Did the recent Adobe Cloud update wipe any memory of the clip locations? Is there a way to relink these files if the "Locate" function is unable to locate the files? Would changing the email address associated with my account completely wipe any memory of the clip locations?

I am currently using the most recent version of the Adobe Cloud apps, and used the most recent version of Adobe Cloud (at that time) when I originally created the videos. I am running these apps on macOS v. 10.15.6 (Catalina). Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I really do not want to have to rebuild my many videos from scratch. Thank you!

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob, thank you so very much for your prompt reply! That worked! THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH! Stay safe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome. icon_biggrin.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines