premiere pro cannot rendering with GPU (software encoding only) WHY??

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, need some help here..
my premiere pro always error if rendering with GPU, but when i change setting to "render with software encoding" it's ok.
This habit suddenly appear after updating bios & updating the premiere pro. Then, sometimes when i work (editing) in timeline/sequence with some effect puts on in any video, premiere pro error, the preview monitor was shaking with many colors... i'm stressed about this because it never happens before.
Please help..
Cheers..

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Export, Hardware or GPU, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which type of software rendering are you talking about ... in the Project settings dialog, the Mercury Acceleration option, or in an Export dialog for H.264 exports?

They are entirely different things. If you see hardware/software in the Export dialog summary section when doing H.264 exports, that is only about the H.264 encoding process. Which is dependent on your computer hardware actually. And has nothing to do with how PrPro processes effects on the timeline, which is handled by the Project Settings Mercury Acceleration option.

And yes, it's confusing. So ... which is your issue?

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Roll back yoru premiere version. I had to do the same. And if youre using Red Giant or Maxion plugins the latest update had to be rolled back for me or I would get GPU errors.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines