Premiere Pro causes MacBook Pro shutdown

Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I have finally finished editing a big chorus video (72 video tracks, 1 audio track). I can't render it to final output on Windows because both PPro and Media Encoder randomly drop small sections of the output video frame; I assume this is some kind of bug with the graphics card (Sapphire Radeon RX-580) and/or driver.

So I bring it over to my 32GB 16" 2019 MacBook Pro. It renders for a while, but the processor and GPU temps start spiking, and after about 5 minutes of rendering the Mac instantaneously shuts down. Upon restarting, the error message says:

Shutdown occurred because of: Forced - BridgeOS (T2 chip) initiated shutdown.

If I place the MacBook on a big block of ice and force the fans to maximum, I can get the render to go about 3/4 of the way (15 minutes) before the shutdown happens. I've spent hours trying to render this 2.5 minute video and I'm about to throw the computer out the window and take up beet farming.

Before I abandon this wild goose chase and start the project over again in Final Cut, is there some way to throttle Media Encoder so it maybe encodes more slowly, but doesn't kill the system?

I'm also open to advice about rendering on Windows in a way that actually renders the video without errors, as my PC (even though it's using a 4-year old i7) has plenty of fans and doesn't overheat.

Thanks for any suggestions.

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere Pro causes MacBook Pro shutdown

Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I have finally finished editing a big chorus video (72 video tracks, 1 audio track). I can't render it to final output on Windows because both PPro and Media Encoder randomly drop small sections of the output video frame; I assume this is some kind of bug with the graphics card (Sapphire Radeon RX-580) and/or driver.

So I bring it over to my 32GB 16" 2019 MacBook Pro. It renders for a while, but the processor and GPU temps start spiking, and after about 5 minutes of rendering the Mac instantaneously shuts down. Upon restarting, the error message says:

Shutdown occurred because of: Forced - BridgeOS (T2 chip) initiated shutdown.

If I place the MacBook on a big block of ice and force the fans to maximum, I can get the render to go about 3/4 of the way (15 minutes) before the shutdown happens. I've spent hours trying to render this 2.5 minute video and I'm about to throw the computer out the window and take up beet farming.

Before I abandon this wild goose chase and start the project over again in Final Cut, is there some way to throttle Media Encoder so it maybe encodes more slowly, but doesn't kill the system?

I'm also open to advice about rendering on Windows in a way that actually renders the video without errors, as my PC (even though it's using a 4-year old i7) has plenty of fans and doesn't overheat.

Thanks for any suggestions.

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 16, 2020 0

Have something to add?