• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC 13.0.1 Hanging and crashing on loading AEXD.aex

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As title says, when trying to start Premiere Pro CC v 13.0.1 the loading screen hangs on AEXD.aex then closes.

I was working on a project last night for several hours with no issues. This morning, computer crashed with an AE composition linked to PP. PP has not open since.

Tried

-Restarting computer

-Re-installing PP

-Updating Graphics Drivers

-Installed V 12 and it works but can't open my V13 project file.

-Checked permissions

-Reset preferences & cache (ALT + SHIFT)

-All other Adobe programs work fine.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is something serious wrong with CC 2019 making application launches problematic. I have the same issues across different CC 2019 apps including Premiere Pro and solved it by launching it as an administrator. Right click on the Premiere Pro CC 2019 icon in the Start Menu and click Run as administrator.

Try that and report back!

admin.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I gave administrator privileges a go and still have the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are Ae CC 2019 installed as well? Dynamic Link won´t work with let´s say Pr CC 2019 and Ae CC 2018 so having both CC 2019 version installed is a must.

If you have both installed, try to launch Ae CC 2019 and then try to launch Pr CC 2019. (Try as an administrator as well.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have AE CC 2019 installed and it runs fine.

Opened with administrator privileges then tried PP and same hangup on loading AEXD.aex then loading screen disappears

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since there still are so many odd crasches with CC 2019 i would recommend you to use CC 2018 instead. I wish i had a better answer...

To downgrade the project file: Premiere Pro Downgrader

You will probably get issues with the Ae CC 2019 comp, but leave it offline and replace it with a Ae CC 2018 composition.

How to downgrade from Ae CC2019 to Ae CC2018:
1. Open the Ae CC 2019 project

2. Go to File > Save As > Save a Copy As CC (15.x)...

3. Open the new .aep file in Ae CC 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have crashes also.

Every time I open it, it crashes after about 10-15 seconds.

Any idea why (before I format the computer and reinstall everything)?
Dell Precision 5520 , i7, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Win10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue with CC2020: crashed on aexd.aex after a brand new install of CC on a brand new laptop.  Deleted it from 

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\7.0\MediaCore\Public\AEXD-30.1.12.4

Then it crashes on importerquicktime.prm

Tried newest nvidia drivers.. no difference

Tried getting another aexd file from

https://www.pconlife.com/download/otherfile/459340/f61a56cf1d0a9d39bdacdd1ff9b111e6/

just does the same thing when transferred into the same folder as above.  I have no user privileges to mess around with much else come on Adobe it's a brand new laptop!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok so moved onto the importerquicktime.prm problem instead.. So in the end running %appdata% stopping all ten or so adobe processes and then deleting that entire folder fixed the problem and now Premiere CC2020 and AE and ME all run.. phew! Not a great experience felt more like 1995 than 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines