Exit

Premiere Pro CC 2017.1 crashes when I launch Essential Graphics panel

Explorer ,
May 10, 2017 May 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

can somebody help me with this:

my Premiere Pro CC 2017.1 crashes when I launch Essential Graphics panel. I tried starting a new project, but it didn't help. I can still use the type tool, but when I try to launch Essential Graphics panel I am getting the following error message:

"Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2017.1 has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available"

The is on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit ver. 1703 (Creators Update) with 64 GB of RAM, Intel i7-6950X and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 20, 2017 May 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get an entire Pp crash when using essential graphics. And I'm on a mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just curious, have you installed the latest update 2017.1.1?

Bob K.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am on the latest version now. The update didn't change anything.

Funny thing is that I have also the same version of PP on my laptop and the Essential Graphics panel opens there without any problem.

It must be related to some plugins I have installed on my desktop machine, but I am not sure how to figure out which one is actually causing the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. Wish I could be of more help.

My initial rookie response would be to uninstall the plugins, and reinstall 2017. Test Essential Graphics to see if it works, then put the plugins back in one by one. Very tedious and time consuming and yes, you shouldn't have to go through all these hoops to get your software working properly. And not for nothing, but I have access to multiple machines (Mac and PC) and something is different on all of them. I can access a Mac where the "Info Panel" doesn't work! On another machine, you have to quit PP to export using Media Encoder or else it will crash. With all the different hardware and software and machines that this program is loaded on to, it's no surprise it does "strange things" on different machines.

Good Luck!

Bob K.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I certainly appreciate your willingness to help, but I don't think I have time to go through this process. In the meantime, I am just using an external titler software, which has many more options than the EG panel, but ideally, I would like to be able to use both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ive been having the same issue as well and this is frustrating because i am paying for this monthly . May i ask, what is the external titler software are you using? Please share.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the same problem.

I just found out that I can open the Essential Graphics as a window (as opposed to opening the Essential Graphics panel (workspace))

Window - Essential Graphics.

It doesn't solve the problem, but at least I can use the features from the window instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines