Highlighted

Premiere Pro CC 2017 - Arrow keys have stopped working in timeline panel after update 11.1.2?

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this is a little odd, but since the most recent update I find the arrow keys no longer step backward or forward in the timeline panel (shift left and right aren't working either).  If I click into the Program monitor, then the the arrow keys move the play head, but not if I click in the timeline.  Holding K and pressing L or J does still move one frame in the timeline though.

I've checked in the shortcuts panel to see if anything has changed, but step back/forward are still listed under left and right arrows, and there isn't anything that should be overriding them. I also tried clearing the shortcuts in a custom shortcut layout, then adding the command again,and the same thing happened.

Has this happened to anyone else? Any ideas about fixing it?

I'm using Windows 10 on a PC

I can use the arrows just fine in the Source monitor

the problem solves temporarily when re-launching the software, but at some point the keys will stop working again

--Edit--

This happens to me while editing multi-camera clips, and when the arrow keys stop working i toggle the multi-cam view (Shift+0) and it resolves.

Haven't reproduced it yet, but it might be the thing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere Pro CC 2017 - Arrow keys have stopped working in timeline panel after update 11.1.2?

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this is a little odd, but since the most recent update I find the arrow keys no longer step backward or forward in the timeline panel (shift left and right aren't working either).  If I click into the Program monitor, then the the arrow keys move the play head, but not if I click in the timeline.  Holding K and pressing L or J does still move one frame in the timeline though.

I've checked in the shortcuts panel to see if anything has changed, but step back/forward are still listed under left and right arrows, and there isn't anything that should be overriding them. I also tried clearing the shortcuts in a custom shortcut layout, then adding the command again,and the same thing happened.

Has this happened to anyone else? Any ideas about fixing it?

the problem solves temporarily when re-launching the software, but at some point the keys will stop working again

--Edit--

This happens to me while editing multi-camera clips, and when the arrow keys stop working i toggle the multi-cam view (Shift+0) and it resolves.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 28, 2017 2
LEGEND ,
Jun 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look through this.  Maybe something will help.

Unofficial Premiere Pro Troubleshooting Guide

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 28, 2017 0
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously? A whole troubleshooting guide for one question? This must be the most unhelpful reply I have ever seen. Why even bother to take the time to type this abomination under the guise of "help"?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 05, 2019 3
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started having the same issue this week!  Have you found a way to fix it?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 06, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought I was having the same problem and realized that I had, "Show Audio Time Units" checked in the sequence settings.  Hope that helps someone.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 18, 2017 4
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solved it for me.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 11, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this issue. "Show Audio Time Units" is unchecked and the problem still persists.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 07, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everyone with this problem: What OS are you using? I have not seen this in Premiere Pro 11.1.2 running on macOS 10.10.5.

Can you use the arrow keys when the clip is loaded in the Source Monitor? How reproducible is this? If you close Premiere Pro and relaunch it, does the arrow functionality return?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 07, 2017 0
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

--Edit--

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 13, 2017 9
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This is what happened to me. I was going mad trying to figure out why my arrow keys weren't working in my timeline. I had multi-cam on, once I toggled the multi-cam view off it resolved

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 29, 2017 3
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just happened to me with Win 10 1803 with Premiere 13.1. Toggling to Multicam and back (Sh+0 twice) straightened it out for me, too. Thanks, shingimel-rQGtJZ​  and  BlairFrancis​!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 02, 2019 1
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG!!! I've been raking my brain for weeks and giving up on a few projects because I need this feature almost every 5 seconds in my style of editing and just toggling the MultiCam option on and off did the trick. Even though I'm not working on a MultiCam timeline it still worked and this is STILL a bug in 2020!!!
macOS High Sierra V 10.13.6
iMac (mid 2011)
2.7 GHs intel Core i5
32 GB Ram

AMD Radeon HD 677ON 512 MB
Adobe Premiere 2020 v 14.0.0

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 01, 2020 1
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was just happening to me too... and I was able to resolve the issue by activating multi-cam (which I wasn't using in the sequence) and then deactivating it.   I noticed that in my program window I was able to use the cursor with the arrow keys, but not in the timeline window. 

I'm using Windows 10 and v11.1.2

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 27, 2018 1
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fixed it for me - thank you !!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 18, 2020 0