Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC (2017) crashes LUT

Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am getting constant crashing when attempting to browse LUTs in Premiere Pro on Windows, is this common? Any way to prevent it?

I'm running Windows 10 on an i5 6600.

Thanks,

KJ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

It appears the problem is now fixed! After googling I found a suggestion to rename grooveex.dll to grooveex.old (or move/delete it). This has completely fixed the issue I was having. grooveex.dll seems to be a onedrive .dll file but doesn't get removed if onedrive is uninstalled hence why that didn't fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.

Are these the included LUTs or commercial ones? Or ones you've made yourself?

What media, and what other effects?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2017 May 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens when i am editing .mov files and crashed 80% of the time when I click on "browse" under LUTs, regardless of the LUT I intend on browsing to. I do not get this crash on mac.

If I attempt to debug I am met with an error stating that it could not debug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok.

One user had troubles with PrPro crashing on attempting to browse LUTs in the Creative tab window, ended up going through a full re-install of Windows eventually, and it worked again. Went about installing the rest of the programs he normally uses, and it stopped working ... and tracked the culprit to installing iTunes, weirdly enough.

Several users have had issues with OneDrive, which comes as part of the Microsoft Office "package" causing issues with PrPro. They found & deleted the onedrive.dll file, and all was fine.

Several others had similar issues, but have been ok since the 2017.1.1 build came out a few days back. I hope you're on that build.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed I'm on the version released a couple days back. I'll have a look at iTunes and OneDrive / reinstall and see if it's the same bug.

Thanks for the help, always much quicker to diagnose something if someone has already had a similar problem.

I'll report back.

KJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, seeing if someone else has posted a clearly similar thing can save a ton of time.

Do post back either way, whether something works on not.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No luck unfortunately. I have tried reinstalling iTunes, Premiere Pro and OneDrive. Problem still remains. I originally tohught it was just with opening LUTs but it seems the entire program crashes 70% of the time when a windows diaglog box opens e.g. browsing to open LUT, browsing to import files etc.

I have not tried reinstalling the OS yet as I haven't had the time but will update when I have tried this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry this is still going on for you ... that's pretty sucky.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears the problem is now fixed! After googling I found a suggestion to rename grooveex.dll to grooveex.old (or move/delete it). This has completely fixed the issue I was having. grooveex.dll seems to be a onedrive .dll file but doesn't get removed if onedrive is uninstalled hence why that didn't fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to know, and thanks for posting back! That is VERY helpful to know!

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, I'm having a similar issue.

I'm running the lastest version of PrPro as of today. I have a set of LUT's that I've imported to premiere from a LUT pack online (a reliable source). When I go into the creative tab in Lumetri Color, and begin scrolling through, I'll get about 20 -30 LUT's in and I get a red error window in the bottom right corner, followed by the rainbow wheel of death, and then an eventual crash. Any idea?

Thanks,

Markus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you placed them in the correct spot as listed in the below chart, ​not​ in the Program/Package files, I hope?

Neil

(Just an fyi: you do need to create the 'final' folders of Technical and Creative yourself, at the locations shown.)

Lumetri LUTs Looks Findable Locations.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, they’re in the correct location. Would I even be able to cycle through and view them if they weren’t?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but ... they go weird in behavior, sort of like this actually. Which Is why I was checking, of course.

Out of curiosity, where did you get them from, and what format are they?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any luck? crashes when i change luts, both native luts and custom luts, did the removal of itunes and one drive really work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 15, 2017 Jul 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tracked the culprit to installing iTunes, weirdly enough.

Not so weird.  It's why I have Step 4d listed below.

Unofficial Premiere Pro Troubleshooting Guide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the fix for mac? Having the same problem. Can't browse through the LUTS I've installed in the Lumetri folder in Premiere package contents. Can view 4 or 5 but then it freezes.

Mac is Sierra version 10.12.6    

3.2GHz   24GB 1333 MHz DDR3  

NVIDIA GeForce GT 755M 1024MB Graphics card

Premiere is CC 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you put those in the Creative tab folder? That is very problematic as they seem to use a relative location rather than absolute location "reference" similar to a spreadsheet link.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I placed the LUTS inside the creative tab inside the lumetri folder. That is where I was told to put them from the iwltbap (LUT provider) info they provided. Is there somewhere else I can move them to to resolve the issue while still retaining the ability to browse and preview in the premiere colour panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly, no. PLEASE file a bug/feature request about this ... as it's something that is a huge time issue. We can preview the included ... and to me, mostly useless Looks ... but we can't preview our purchased or (for me) many home-built Looks/LUTs.

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

When Lumetri first came out, I used the Creative folder and put mine in a sub-folder, named so they came up first. It worked great up until 2015.3, the first 10.x build ... and they'd changed something so all of a sudden, that caused weird unpredictable behavior.

You need to use a folder you can navigate to quickly ... I think if you use the drop-down list and choose Custom, it remembers the folder you went to. But you have to select by name without preview. A real time-chewing pain at times.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Luke C,

I contacted this company and told them that their installation instructions are incorrect. Thanks for your info so we could pass along that detail.

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This disease is now happening on cc2018 on my mac. It started a while back after upgrading to 2018 which otherwise was blissful.  I can scan quite a few LUT"s before the program freezes and with the error saying "Low level exception in Lumetri (GPU Video filter:Get Frame Dependencies). The crash requires a force quit. I never had this bug in 2015 or early 2017 and it mostly happens now when I go through lots of LUTs from my DLUTS collection. I'm addicted to these LUTS so hopefully this is something that has a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As noted above, there was something changed in the Creative tab & folder connection with the 2015.3 release (10.x builds) of PrPro. Prior to that, like everyone else, I had subfolders for my own LUTs in the Creative folder in the program files.

After that ... I had to remove them. The reference between the Creative Tab controls and that folder are ... odd. I use the example from spreadsheets ... it's more like to a ​relative​ reference. You know, "grab the result in a cell 5 columns over and 15 rows down" rather than an absolute reference such as  "grab the result from E-24". And after that change, having extra LUTs past theirs will confuse the program, will have troubles exporting through Media Encoder, and will have issues passing on to other collaborative folks.

I have heard of a couple folk who simply dumped ALL the original LUTs from the Creative folder (they have never used them, don't see why they every would) and put their own in both for PrPro and ME, and supposedly it's working ok. I do NOT recommend that and haven't even tried it.

As Jim Simon recommends, putting your LUTs in a CC Library folder, accessing them via the Custom option in the browse box, always takes you back there to select. Most useful option at this moment.

It does NOT allow one to preview the effect of the LUT or Look like most of us want to have. So ... I recommend anyone afflicted by this 'disease' put in a feature report request to add another folder to the "browse" function of the Creative tab.

Neil

Adobe Bug Report /Feature Request form ...

https://www.adobe.com/go/wish

(They never respond to postings, but all filed reports are collated and distributed to all relevant managerial types, so they are seen.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the prompt response, Neil. It seems in this day and age it’s always two step forward, 1 step back. In the end I am always amazed that I can actually play 4K video full rez, and I am grateful that I don’t have to go out to the awfulness of Speed Grade for 98% of the work I do. To be completely honest, Resolve is constantly taunting me to make the switch as their editor gets better and better and the sound engine is insane. For $300 bucks.

But the old dogs and new tricks paradigm still holds me back.

Thanks again and I will definitely add to the wish list although usually the best solution is to make my voice heard at NAB. They actually listen, although my repeated request for a folder system in AFX has never happened. Nor any speed increases, which is just crazy. Seems like Premiere gets all the love and attention. Can't quite have it all.

Best,

Tony

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, understand. I'll be at NAB again myself.

Now, SpeedGrade was a joy for me. Very different UI to begin with, but after I got it, well ... I loved spending time there. Was SO disappointed at the loss of the "Direct Link" between PrPro & Sg, which ... no matter what you think of Sg ... was certainly a vastly quicker & easier thing than XML/EDL out and the whole round-trip thing.

And with that Elements panel sitting on my desktop, I want to use that both for more things in Lumetri, but keep asking both the PrPro team & Tangent for use of that big set of tools in say the sound panel controls ... among other things.

Yea, Resolve has come a long way, hasn't it?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines