Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC (2017) crashes LUT

Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am getting constant crashing when attempting to browse LUTs in Premiere Pro on Windows, is this common? Any way to prevent it?

I'm running Windows 10 on an i5 6600.

Thanks,

KJ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

It appears the problem is now fixed! After googling I found a suggestion to rename grooveex.dll to grooveex.old (or move/delete it). This has completely fixed the issue I was having. grooveex.dll seems to be a onedrive .dll file but doesn't get removed if onedrive is uninstalled hence why that didn't fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But the old dogs and new tricks paradigm still holds me back.

This helps.  A lot.

The Definitive Guide to DaVinci Resolve 14: Editing, Color and Audio (Blackmagic Design Learning Ser...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin-Monahan​ Any help on this please?

Anyone still having this issue? I haven't had this happen to me until I updated Premiere tp the most recent version. I used to be able to see all the LUTs previewed no problem. I had them all local on m computer in the LUTs folder under Premiere Pro.

Is the only solution with no preview?

Please solve this soon. Really throwing a wrench in my process.

Sean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the 2015.4 release I think, putting anything in the Program files folder for Lumetri/LUTs/ and the Tech or Creative folders could cause all sorts of problems. BAD thing to do.

They now have in 2018 a folder place you create outside of the program files, and PrPro will look there for LUTs/Looks for the Basic (Technical) and Creative (Creative) tabs.

This is the table they published ...

And this is where to put them ... note, on the top, the folder-tree location ... you create there the Technical and Creative folders and then put your LUTs/Looks there, in the appropriate folder.

Now, PrPro and ME will look there for them. And you can scroll them, and they appear in alphabetical order in the preview window and scroll-bar.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange. I'm currently using the most up to date version of Premeire Pro and I don't see a "LUTs" folder anywhere in my User Library.

macOS Sierra. 10.12.6. Any advice? I almost got my hopes up upon seeing that last post. hahaha

Screen Shot 2018-07-11 at 3.00.09 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You add the folders yourself.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay. Added the folders. Works well enough but if I browse for too long I still get a "low level exception occurred" error and shortly after the program stops working...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best to put a detailed report on the new UserVoice system they have. Something needs work.

On my system I can work all day with this without issue. So somewhere, something could take a bit of attention. You should be able to also.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Crashes every time even after adding folders like you showed in your first response. Any suggestions? Getting "Frame Dependencies Error"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which number-dot-number version of PrPro are you using? If you haven't tried the one that dropped last night, 12.1.2, I would suggest doing so.

1. Create a copy of the project file.
  2. Open the new version, create a new project.
  3. From PrPro's Media Browser, navigate to the copy of the project file and import the assets.
  4. Test operation in the new version.

If it still crashes, then ... I'd be very curious what is in those LUTs ... did you make them in PrPro, or in another program, or buy them/download them from ... who/where?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't browse through the LUTS I've installed in the Lumetri folder

Adobe engineers have advised against doing so, and Support will not handle issues related to such.

Instead, create a LUTs folder in your Creative Cloud Files.  Browse to that folder for application.  That LUT will appear in both PP and AME on any machine you're signed into.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

It seems this is still an issue in the latest version of PP and it occurs quite often for me. The crash occurs when selecting 'browse' from the 'Input LUT' drop-down menu.

I've tried all the fixes you mentioned and nothing has worked. I have, however, found a simple workaround:

1. After the crash, re-open the project.
  2. Go to the Lumetri Color panel and select one of the pre-installed LUTs from the 'Input LUT' drop-down menu (I used ALEXA_default_LogC2Rec709).
  3. Open the 'Input LUT' drop-down menu again and select 'browse'.
  4. It doesn't crash now, no matter how many times you select 'browse' and choose new LUTs.

Of course, this isn't a fix for the bug and Adobe still need to do something about it. Hopefully this will help in the meantime, though!

- Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

September 2019, meaning a year has gone by, with still no solution. Still crashing after previewing approx 10 LUTs, no matter where they are placed. I mean, WTF? How hard can it be...? A couple months ago I started to do all color grading in Resolve. Since Adobe's obviously ignoring this issue, this seems the way to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2019 Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been slowly but surely moving away from Adobe products for just this reason. They seem to abandon issues quite easily and when they do respond to requests like this it's usually with a sense of condescension and annoyance at having to explain to cretins how to use their "Highly sophisticated software suite" (i.e. A plethora of minorly useful features so large that maintenance becomes impossible)

I would suggest doing Color with Resolve, and, if it can be managed, see about moving your entire workflow over.

That's what I am currently in the process of doing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still an issue in 2020. I have started learning resolve. which does not seem to be as much as a buggy piece of crap is far superior in color grading. Think it's time to make the move over Adobe software has been so buggy for years there has been no focus on stability and I have has enough to be honest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can go through a ton of LUT preview without trouble on both my desktop PC and laptop. And know others without troubles with LUTs. So it's not universal.

Where do you store those LUTs on the computer? Many of the folks I've worked with who had this were putting them in the Program/Package folders with the included LUTs which is wrong in all sorts of ways.

But some have had this even properly locating the storage.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines