Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere pro cc 2018 & 2019 freezes

Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm having lots of problems with both premiere pro CC 2018 & 2019 and it started to accrue 3 days ago, before that everything ran smoothly on my computer.

After I had issues with the 2018 version I've decided to update to 2019 to hopefully solve the problem. 

The program suddenly freezes with no reason, I can still move the cursor and click on buttons but the source and program monitor are not working. In different cases, it will show me "media pending".

After that, I need to close the program but it won't close until I close it manually from the task manager.

My computer:

Lenovo legion y720

I7

16G RAM

512SSD (The project is on the computer after I thought that maybe the problem is related to my external hard disk)

Geforce 1060 GTX (I've updated the drivers)

I've tried to find a solution online and I couldn't find any, This is a huge problem for me because I'm wasting a lot of time on restarting the program more than 10 times a day.

Thanks,

Ron

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 30, 2019 Nov 30, 2019

Hey, after pulling my hair out I finally found a version of settings that work flawlessly. The problem for me sounds like it was related to insufficient RAM speed(not capacity) and a weird codec used for my source files. SO I did the following:

Installed HandBreak, and whatever source files from my camera I have, I converted to MP4, Web Optimized, Aling A/V Start on the Vimeo Youtube HQ 2160 p60 4K preset with the Fast Decode checkbox on Video tab active. 

After that, I went into Task Manager an

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 100 Replies 100
Community Expert ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ron,

Did you change or add anything around the time the freezing started occurring - like a plugin perhaps?

Here is an article on common things that could cause freezing/crashing.
https://blog.frame.io/2017/11/13/common-premiere-pro-crashes/

There was another discussion that had a tip on a similar issue at:

Premiere Pro CC 2018 randomly "freezes"

If you have already tested  few things, state what you've done and other options can be advised.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This is what I've done so far:

1. from this article - https://blog.frame.io/2017/11/13/common-premiere-pro-crashes/- I've Updated a version to 2019 - didn't help.

- Trashing preferences

- Delete Plug-ins

- GPU (changed it to mercury playback software only and did exactly what they say in the article)

- Hard drives - I've worked with the same one before and this issues never happened to me - (Segate backup +)

- file format - MP4 or MTS

- Ram - I have 16G Ram and I use only premiere without any other program in the background.

For the last few days (3-4 days)  after I made those changes the program stopped from crashing but now for no apparent reason, it started to crash again in the same way I described before.

I'm pretty lost because I can't put my finger on the problem.

Thanks,

Ron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you recently had a OS update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.

But I've updated my Geforce Driver because I saw that it could help somewhere.

Now I'm dealing with Export issues as well.

I'm lost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have both in 2018 and 2019 issues you might need go from scratch.

Reinstall OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you explain the fact that I didn't have any problems before?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There may have been an update in your operating system or a driver that could have caused it.

Try System Restore to a point where all was OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2019 Jun 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just replaced my computer with a new one, and the problem followed to the new setup. Therefore, I can be fairly certain it is NOT a specific issue with a bad installation, registry file, etc. This is a completely different computer, and the software STILL freezes regularly, becomes non-responsive, dead in the water. Sometimes I can wait it out, and it will start working again after 5 or 10 minutes. Other times, it requires a full reboot. Obviously I am not the only person experiencing this, as evidenced by the many comments on this forum and elsewhere. This is a software issue, a bug, and Adobe is doing nothing about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2019 Aug 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a lazy, almost pathetic, response. I hope you don't consider this recommendation to be a legitimate troubleshooting step. "It doesn't work? Just reinstall your OS."

Adobe "support" is sad. Like a train hitting a school bus sad.

Remember: When in doubt, reinstall your OS.

[profanity removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having real time render and multiple crash issues with Premier 2019 so so decided to go back to the 2018 version for a new project.  I have opened it 3 times and each time it has crashed on the very first action. 1st time - Double clicking a clip into source monitor. 2nd and 3rd time - pressing play on some audio. I will have to go back to 2019 but it is taking me twice as long to edit as it should because my content will not play in source monitor so I am having to drop it down into the timeline - render it - and then clip it there and add to edit.  I have tried all possibilities of memory versus performance - and also graphic card options in preferences and nothing fixes it.  I am on a brand new Dell laptop running Microsoft Windows 10.0.17134 Build 17134 Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8850H CPU @ 2.60GHz, 2592 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s) Name Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630 Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 32.0 GB  Total Virtual Memory 40.3 GB. Some of my render problems fixed after a recent update for a while but now they are worse than ever this week. Here are some of the issues that have arisen on both versions.

Premier issue 3101.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On premier pro 2019 I have tried both Mercury playback engine software only and GPU acceleration (Open CL) - weirdly real time render was working on Open CL was working better in the office when going through the docking station and was not working at home when plugged in directly to same monitor (so weird) but now CL is not working in office either.Premier issues 3.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am editing HD 1920 x 1080 sequences with .mov files so nothing out of the ordinary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 27, 2018 Dec 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'd like to add my two cents about when Premiere freezes -

EVERY time I go outside the program, for example if I go on Mozilla or Chrome to search for some reference, whenever I return to Premiere - it freezes. every single time. This is a recent problem which suddenly appeared.

I am on premiere cc 2018 and windows 10 (which recently did force an update on me)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS IS EXACTLY what my system does.  Using Nvidia 1080 & Otherwise stable 4790K @ 4.8 and 32 GB Ram - on 5 Separate SSD Drives, it runs like a CHAMP (even with 4k content) UNTIL THE MOMENT that I click anywhere outside of the premiere environment (sometimes even to close a pop-up notification).  FEELS LIKE BAD CODE.  

I've learned that before I attempt to multitask in ANY WAY, save it first, and I might as well exit. SAD ADOBE  BEEN THIS WAY since the FIRST CC (2016?, 2015.5??)

--
Capturer of Moments and Mishaps since 2005
Multimedia Marketing & Content Optimization
SEO PPC Ad Campaign Strategy

VERY OUTDATED SITE:
clients.donwrightdesigns.com
"If it's worth doing, it's worth doing WRIGHT"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I can't export anything! this is absolutely crazy!

not with premiere and not with media encoder

this is my job and I've waisted more than 2 days on this crashes.

I will try to restore my OS but I don't think that this is the problem.

What can I do to export a video that I need to deliver to a customer?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let us know how the restore goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It didn't work.

I feel like nothing can make this problem go away.

I've lost so many hours on making backups. reinstalling my computer, reinstalling all of the software, reinstalling fonts. reinstalling all of the essentials programs on my computer.

premiere pro cc 2019 still crashes for no reason and I can't export a video to save my life.

this is beyond my understanding.

I hope that you will updated these bugs asap because on my hand I feel that I've tried everything.

I need to deliver a video to a client and this is not possible at the moment.

I lost 3 days of work and failed to solve these problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2019 Apr 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same problem, I have even gone as far as resetting my computer and reinstalling Premiere. I feel like no matter what i do the problem gets worse or temporarily gets a little better, but not for long.

I don't know what to do

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 28, 2019 Apr 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can only offer what I mentioned earlier in this thread. Please check earlier comments.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Costumer care took control on my PC twice.

first session took 55 minutes - they try to update my drivers and disable my gefore gtx1060. That didn't help.

second session took about 2 hours - They try to update my audio drivers and to change my monitor setup because they thought that the problem related to the fact that I have dual GPU's running at the same time on different screens. This is not the problem because I changed my monitor setup a few times and it still freezes and crashes. And I'm working with this setup for more than 6 months with 0 problems.

Now I'm waiting for a senior agent to call me and try to help me.

No solution yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issues.

I installed the last update and the problem is resolve(d)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

last update of Premiere? OS? Drivers? Please be more specific- I'm dealing with same problem... Craving for solution...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2018 Nov 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, Adobe Premiere Pro 2019 worked fine until yesterday (I left the program and my computer on all night), when I discovered that two of my 75 clips would not load. Everything else would usually load, except for about 1-2 of my clips. These clips aren't always the same. They're sometimes random. For example, clip 00032 an 00011 might not load when I highlight those clips; even dragging them to the timeline will still not load the clips. If I try "save as" or try closing out of Premiere Pro, it will freeze. The only way to close out of the program is by using Task Manager to end task of Premiere. Then when I try loading up the project again, the same things happen, except the 1-2 clips that don't load can sometimes be different ones; for example, clip 00015 and 00042 don't load, instead of the previously mentioned 00032 and 00011, which work fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I am also experiencing this problem.

Each time I open my project different files are "media pending", when I try to left-click on them premiere crashes.

The software is totally unreliable.

No solution yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines