• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC 2018 Lumetri Color bug

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've recently updated Premiere Pro to the newest version, and all of the color correction to my files from a previous version appears incredibly washed out. How can I solve for this?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Go to the Creative tab, use the drop-down there, and using the "custom" option, navigate to and apply that LUT from there. Two reasons ...

• First, this is the ​proper​ place to apply a media corrective tech-LUT anyway, and then neutralize with the controls of the Basic tab. Those LUTs are always 'built' in a controlled studio shoot, with nailed WB and exposure settings. Therefore, they are designed to be used to shape ​corrected​ media for WB/exposure. As in Resolve and other apps, you load the c

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nothing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I got a response from an editor with great experience from PrPro, AfterEffects, even Resolve. The 2015 releases in his experience did not treat the Sony log media properly, and the 2018 version is actually better, but is different especially in how it treats highlights. So yes, there is a marked difference in how the two versions 'see' and display Sony logs. Having sent the roto'd clips through Ae you got around that with those clips.

But the work you did to linearize the Slog-3 in 2015 would not translate to correctly linearized in 2018. What you're seeing is what he'd expect.

Now ... the probably best way to fix this is to take maybe a couple/three short clips from different types of scenes ... add a Lumetri effect to them by drag/dropping from the Effects panel, then in the ECP move that above the top Lumetri you have on the clips. Work that new, top layer of Lumetri in one clip to get the clip looking as you would expect ... and copy/apply that Lumetri settings into the other clips, again above the Lumetri already on those clips.

When you have a setting that improves all without any going odd, remove any extra Lumetri effects you may have applied, then export that as a .cube file, and apply that LUT in the Basic Tab Input LUT slot in all your affected clips. You should be able to get a pretty universal 'fix'.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Voici la solution , The Fix .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3y6VBCVNGlo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This would be a different situation than the OP's version to version issue. And a long-known one, with many threads here discussing it. Basically, if you put LUTs/Look files within the Program folder tree for PrPro, you must copy and place those in the same folder tree in ME.

While we'd all love to be able to scroll the list for LUTs, and in the Creative tab see them in the preview window, this sadly can cause all sorts of weirdities to happen, and isn't the best way to operate. It's now oft suggested to store your LUT/Look files in a folder in your CC cloud library, and when you use the "Custom" option, it's sticky. So once you search that folder, the next time you click custom it goes right there.

And the LUTs/Looks will be seen by both PrPro/ME, and will just be used.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same issue exists in the latest 2020 update. Honestly, Adobe has been a consistent letdown for the last 8 years. I believe they are leaving themselves exposed to a new age editing company to take over. Brand loyalty can only go so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What same issue? The OP was talking about a change in handling Lumetri settings between the 2015 and 2018 version. Along the way, there were issues of where and how people were improperly placing & applying LUTs, and a bit of color management.

So I haven't clue one what your issue is. Start a new thread, list your gear & media, and specifically what problem Premiere is giving you. Be happy to help.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines