• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC 2018. The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005)

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since i have updated the last version of Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018 on my laptop last week, I'm no able to start anymore the application as the following notification window error pops-up:

THE APPLICATION WAS UNABLE TO START CORRECTLY (0xc0000005). CLICK OK TO CLOSE THE APPLICATION

I am kindly asking help to solved this issue because I've been searching this issue on the web and you tube with no possible solution till now

I thank you in advance

Best regards

Logan

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Hi All,

Sorry for the inconvenience. A bug is filed and the issue is under investigation.

Currently, the known workarounds are:

1. If the system is configured with Nvidia card, disable it.

Steps: Go to Device Manager > Display Adapters.

Right click on Nvidia and disable it.

Once done, try to launch Premiere Pro.

2. Revert back to previous version of Premiere Pro.

Steps: Install previous version of your Creative Cloud app

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 129 Replies 129
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2018 Jun 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also, once Premiere Pro opens, Right click on Nvidia and enable it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2018 Jun 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour, même problème impossible de lancé premiere cc 2018 je refuse d'installe une version antérieur car je paye se logiciel et certains de mes montages sont sur 2018 et donc pas lisible avec les version antérieur merci de trouver une solution et vite

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2018 Jun 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7 portable avec Nvidia? Dans le BIOS descativer les graphics hybride.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2018 Jun 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Merci cela fonctionne, mais je perds beaucoup en fluidité, penses tu qu'un correctif va être publier?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2018 Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Vidya (Vidya Sagar),

I have the same problem.

In the meantime, is there any new information on the status of troubleshooting?

When will an update be provided?

Unfortunately, Adobe Support could not give me any information by phone.

Thanks and best regards

Carsten

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue was originally posted sometime in April, its now beginning of July and still no fix???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2018 Jul 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new update 12.1.2 dating from the end of July still does not solve the problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2018 Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only Version 12.0.0 seems to work for me. Everything after that doesn't

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2018 Jul 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also having this issue,  same with after effects too and to a lesser extent indesign

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Levono W540, K1100M...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro/After Effects/Media Encoder/Prelude doesn't work on win7/nvidia.

GPUSniffer testing 254

--- OpenGL Info ---

Vendor: Intel

Renderer: Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000

OpenGL Version: 3.1.0 - Build 9.17.10.4229 042.29

GLSL Version: 1.40 - Intel Build 9.17.10.4229

Monitors: 1

Monitor 0 properties -

Size: (0, 0, 1920, 1080)

Max texture size: 8192

Supports non-power of two: 1

Shaders 444: 1

Shaders 422: 1

Shaders 420: 1

--- GPU Computation Info ---

Found 1 devices supporting GPU computation.

CUDA Device 0 -

Name: GeForce GT 555M

Vendor: NVIDIA

Capability: 2.1

Driver: 9.1

Total Video Memory: 3072MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still having problems! When is the bug fix supposed to be ready????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the end I have reverted back to earlier versions of Pr, Ae and Id thanks to someone here who mentioned that idea. At least I can use the programs now and do my job.

C'mon Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is August 8th and this is still not fixed. I thought the subscription system was supposed to help Adobe get things done quicker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downgraded to an older version of PP but it still doesn't work. Maybe you could post which older version doesn't have this bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I followed they suggestion to disable my NVIDA graphics card. Guess what? All my displays go black. I had to reboot and then reenable it. Maybe it's time to look for another solution. I'm retired now. Maybe I don't need the whole Adobe suite. I can go back to using Gimp and Inkscape and try out the free version of HitFilm or DaVinci Resolve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2018 Aug 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will the issue be solved? It is the same problem in version 12.1.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 10, 2018 Aug 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread is marked as solved but the work-around doesn't even work and they haven't addressed it in the latest releases. So I've got to drop back to a much older version and don't get to use the cool new features. So wasn't the subscription supposed to get us new features faster than to old update policy of once every couple of years? Since I don't do nearly as much work as I used to and it's almost all pro bono for friends and non-profits, I'm thinking maybe I should give up the Adobe CC subscription and move back to the free versions of everything I used to use. I think it may be time to seriously consider this option. I'm retired. I could take my wife out to dinner one more time each month for that $55. (Yes, we're frugal. $55 will cover a nice dinner here.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 19, 2018 Aug 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed 12.1.2 and there is no change at the situation. Only 12.0.0. runs without a Problem. I mean really it`s four month now and there is no solution?

An by the way setting a post on solved by posting a "maybe workaround" feels like cheating to me 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2018 Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a joke Adobe?

I have just downloaded a trial of PP CC and I am getting the same error within this thread. The bug doesn't exactly make me want to splash out on a £20 subscription. Earlier more stable versions should be more visible but then earlier versions are not exactly stable either. For this reason, I am still using CS6 and FCP. I think people would appreciate it if the bug was clearer to them before downloading. Time is valuable and personally I don't appreciate all the fiddling around.

Please create a Videographer package for £12 per month - I may consider then. For now I am going to abandon the trial and continue with CS6 and FCP.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2018 Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this problem of Premiere not starting back in August 2018 when I tried my first 2018 version of 12.0.1.  I then updated to 12.1.2, and Premiere was working trouble-free for the last 5 weeks.  For some reason, today the problem came back, with no Windows updates or NVidia driver changes.  I'm surprised there is still no further update to Premiere after 12.1.2.  Any forecast for when something will come out?  Do I just need to keep reverting my version back in time until I get something that works again?  This is getting awfully old after several months of paying for this software.

Computer:  HP ZBook 17, Windows 7 SP1

Video card:  NVidia Quadro K610M with driver version 391.89 (released 7/25/18)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Going through the posts there seem to be different challenges, ours is still that we have no CUDA functionality under Win7. Anybody tried this new-ish setting in Win10?

Premiere Pro not using Nvidia GPU for rendering – Adobe video & audio apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2018 Oct 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like Adobe, when you can't correct a bug, just say that it's a feature and silently drop support for the OS you are too incompetent to develop for...
Adobe = shit over 9000.
I'll never sign up again for one your software. FY.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 21, 2018 Oct 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vidya Sagar declared on May 2, 2018 9:29 PM that "A bug is filed and the issue is under investigation." It is now October 10, 2018, over four months later. I finally did my research and found the answers on this page. Here's what it means to me to me:

• My processor is no longer supported
  • My OS is no longer supported
  • My NVIDA Quadro K2000M is no longer supported
  • My Intel HD Graphics 4000 is no longer supported
  • So my whole Windows 7 (64 bit) Lenovo W530 is totally obsolete for Adobe Premiere Pro CC and (I assume) After Effects CC

Applicable for: October 2018 (13.0) release

Processor

Intel® Intel 6thGen or newer CPU

Operating system

Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit) version 1703 or later (required)

RAM
  • 16 GB of RAM (32 GB recommended)
  • 4 GB of GPU VRAM
Hard disk space

Fast internal SSD (recommended) for app installation and cache – plus provisional space for media

Monitor resolution1920 x 1080 or greater display resolution
Video card32-bit video card
Internet

Internet connection and registration are necessary for required software activation, validation of subscriptions, and access to online services.*

No support for AMD processors at all

No Windows OS before 10 (64-bit) before version 1703

This means to me that they are not going to fix this bug! Okay, good to know. I wish someone on the Adobe staff could have said that somewhere in this forum thread. I can live with that and stop looking for a work around or waiting for a fix that is not coming. My laptop is a beast and can handle the load but I understand that Adobe has to move on too. Now I know that, if I want to keep up with Adobe, I have to upgrade to new hardware.

Or, if I'm mistaken, Adobe Staff, please set me straight. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have no duck with golden eggs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines