Highlighted

Premiere Pro CC 2018 vs Premiere Pro 2020 (not CC) - Differences for book purchase

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am interested in purchasing a book to learn Premiere Pro 2020.  I have been given a GC for Amazon that I want to stretch as much as possible.  My choices are between a really cheap Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018 Classroom In a Book used for close to $5 + $4 shipping or Adobe Premiere Pro (not CC) 2020 Classroom In A Book for $45 new with free shipping.  I am a throwback that prefers hard/paperback books not ebooks or DVD books.

To make my decision I need to know the following:

Is there a difference between CC and not CC?

Are there big differences in the program between the 2018 and 2020 versions that would make it absolutely worthless to get the 2018 book?

Thank you for your help.

Alisa

If you're new to video editing, get the cheap one and it'll be enough to get you going. The basics of editing have been the same for a long time. The differences between versions are mostly new or improved features.

If you start with 2018, you'll easily get the grasp of 2020.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere Pro CC 2018 vs Premiere Pro 2020 (not CC) - Differences for book purchase

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am interested in purchasing a book to learn Premiere Pro 2020.  I have been given a GC for Amazon that I want to stretch as much as possible.  My choices are between a really cheap Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018 Classroom In a Book used for close to $5 + $4 shipping or Adobe Premiere Pro (not CC) 2020 Classroom In A Book for $45 new with free shipping.  I am a throwback that prefers hard/paperback books not ebooks or DVD books.

To make my decision I need to know the following:

Is there a difference between CC and not CC?

Are there big differences in the program between the 2018 and 2020 versions that would make it absolutely worthless to get the 2018 book?

Thank you for your help.

Alisa

If you're new to video editing, get the cheap one and it'll be enough to get you going. The basics of editing have been the same for a long time. The differences between versions are mostly new or improved features.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 09, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Alisa,

When Creative Cloud first came out, the CC (Creative Cloud) was in place of CS (Creative Suite). Since it's been Creative Cloud now for so long, I suppose Adobe probably just thought 2020 was time to drop the CC. 

As far as differences, there are some pretty significant ones. Too many to type out here. The biggest one that I personally like is the updates made in the Lumetri Panel. You can find more details out by just spending some time doing Google searches. I wouldn't say that 2018 would be 'worthless' to get, but if you're learning from scratch, I would think that you might as well start with the newest. 

Adobe has tutorials now built into the apps, as well as on their webiste. There's also training websites like LinkedIn Learning or Pluralsite. Because I know you prefer books, there's even transcripts that you can follow along with.

Hope this helps!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2020 1
Engaged ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2020 1