• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC 2019 crashes at startup Windows 10

Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PPro (13.0.1) is consistently crashing at start up, not progressing beyond the splash screen. Adobe gives me the option to send a crash report (which I do), but that is all that happens. AME and other CC apps seem to open and run just fine.

Computer:
Dell XPS 15 (9570) 2.2Ghz core i7, 32GB RAM, 1 TB SSD w/NVidia GeForce 1050OS:
Windows 10 Version 1803

Workarounds I have tried:

1. Uninstall latest Windows updates

2. Hold ALT/CTRL/SHIFT while starting PPro to clear prefs and cache

3. Rollback GPU drivers

4. Disable GPU

5. Uninstall and Reinstall PPro

6. "Run as Administrator" from Windows Start

Additionally there appears to be no "error" in the Windows Event viewer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At this point, I suggest you download and use the Adobe CC Cleaner Tool to both do the uninstall and cleanup of PrPro. Reboot.

Then download/install again.

The instructions say to uninstall before running the cleaner, but that works sometimes. Using the cleaner tool to do both does work for many problems.

Neil

Adobe CC Cleaner Tool: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ran through your suggestions step by step and the program is still crashing.

I spent more than an hour with Adobe Tech Support via chat. They took control of my machine and ran through several processes mostly focused around updating GPU drivers and such. He did run a few command line prompts but I couldn't tell you exactly what they were (I just recently transitioned from mac to windows). Anyhow, through all of this the solution I was left with was to create a "admin" account (I think it was called a "super network admin" or something...I know it was created via command prompt). Anyhow, now Premiere Pro only works on that account on my laptop. This is not ideal as you might know when setting up a windows user account you must create a Microsoft account. So now all my settings and apps are no longer tied to the usable account. Yes, I'm very grateful that at least now PPro works...I can edit and kudos to Kulvinder for spending alot of time on this with me. I just wish there was a better fix for this problem so that my computer would work simply and straight-foward.

TL;DR The diagnosis was that there is a corruption of user permissions on the machine. I assume the corruption is a Windows corruption, but the fix was to create a "Super Admin" account on the windows machine and launch PPro inside the Admin account.

I'm not going to mark this as answered yet as I'd like to see if anyone else encounters the same problem and comes up with a better solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a mess! Hope this gets sorted soon. I've of course had a problem in the past that finally left my builder just deciding to spend a good share of a day reformatting and re-installing OS/apps and drivers. Which did in that case fix an instability I was having. Yea, it was a bloody pain. Spent several hours on my own getting things back to where it was "my" machine again.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2019 Mar 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sir

We paid a LICENSE for Adobe products so is an obligation with the users that your software run properly. This crashing stuff is still happenning with Adobe Premiere and I think is time Adobe make an update of the product...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 08, 2019 Mar 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user-to-user forum. To communicate to "Adobe" post over on the bug/features report services linked to the engineers system and also the upper managers who decide budgets and features and such.

The link is near the top of the Overview page of this forum.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 09, 2018 Dec 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of a sudden my Premiere stopped opening this evening, crashing on the start screen. My specs are similar to yours too.

Give the method listed here a try: Premiere Pro CC 2019 crashes on startup

It worked for me, thank goodness.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the heads up. Unfortunately this issue was the "straw that broke the camels back". I returned my XPS and purchased a different laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, I solved this problem. Enter the C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects 2019\Support Files\(Media Core plug-ins)\Common\ folder for the solution of the problem. Change ExporterAVI.prm to ExporterAVI.old.

After changing the name, run the program again. Ask to import any .mov or .mp4 file. The problem will be solved. This problem is valid in Media Encoder, Premier Pro. For the Media Encoder C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Media Encoder 2019\Plug-Ins\Common\   Change ExporterAVI.prm to ExporterAVI.old. Programs run smoothly. For the Premier Pro. Enter the C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro 2019\Plug-Ins\Common\   Change ExporterAVI.prm to ExporterAVI.old.   Enjoy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

that dont work it keep crashing and create a crush error file in my dekstop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines