Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC 2019 doesn't recognize DJI Mavic Pro 2 h265 video

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I'm having problems importing DJI Mavic Pro 2 h265 videos. The latest Premiere Pro version doesn't want to open them.

I do have all the latest video card drivers, updates, Quicktime, etc. It is not a fault of the computer. I can import the same files in Premiere Pro CC 2018 and everything works. If I convert the CC 2018 project to CC 2019 project, it shows up as a missing file even if it is there.

What should I do? Does anyone else experience such a problem?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried quitting Premiere, then delete your Media Cache, launch Premiere Pro CC 2019 and see if the clips now import? More info on Media aCache at: FAQ: How to clean (delete or trash) media cache files?

If not, what error are you receiving and what are your basic system specs? Would it also be possible for you to supply sample file(s) to help with investigation?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have cleaned Media Cache files, still the new Mavic 2 Pro clips won't import on Premiere Pro CC 2019.

It got even worse today - I worked yesterday and everything was fine, but today, after my PC restarted I cannot open Premiere Pro 2019 and Audition. It loads and then crashes. I have sent more than 20 crash reports. I have tried every solution - once more updated all the drivers, deleted all the plugins, have the latest Premiere Pro and Audition, but it just crashes when loading "importerQuickTime.prm". I can open PP2018, Lightroom, Photoshop, but not PP2019.

Can You help and fix this? I need to work and I am paying for this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the new 13.0.2 release that just "dropped" tonight. It has some high-def codec bug fixes and changes, does this help with your problems?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have similar problem. When I import H265 video files, they appear only as audio files in Premiere Pro. But when I tried to open the same files from a different hard drive, it works fine. Weird. Last December everything was all right, this problem appeared just now. I have 13.0.2 version. Other video files and project works normally from that drive. I cleaned Cache, restart computer and it still does not work.

Could you help me, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally fix this problem. I renamed the folder with H265 media and then I tried to import them again. And this time it worked. Instead of work I have to solve such absurd problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly this sort of thing happens with most NLE/grading/fx apps. I use a number, they've all got their quirks.

I would guess that in the first import, some data got entered wrong in the project file or media cache/database that you got around by renaming the folder and reimporting.

Out of curiosity, what was your original import process? Not all means are as simply reliable as others. Opening say Explorer/Finder window then drag/droping onto the project window is especially frought.

Using the Media Browser to navigate to/select and then import or ingest is far more stable ... as is right-clicking in the Project panel and Import Files ... which opens a Finder/Explorer window, and then you can select folders to bring in. Which populate your project as bins of media/assets.

And for some reason is very different to Pr than opening that Finder/Explorer window your self. Weird but true.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My original import process was: double click in the project panel and then import the files.. 😉

Best,

Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That ... SHOULD ... have worked better.

Out of curiosity, what was the folder name changed from/to?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just add number "1" behind the original name. Birny --> Birny 1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Huh ... such a magical improvement, right?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2019 Jun 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 10, 2019 Jun 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear you ran into issues, but glad to hear that workaround worked for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 09, 2018 Dec 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Das hatte ich nach Installation von 2019 auch. Habe ProbeDateien an Adobe geliefert. Hast du bei 2019 ein Update offen? Hast du bei der Mavic ein Firmware Update offen? Mache diese und du dürftest keine Probleme mehr haben.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2019 Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to import Mavic 2 Pro HEVC 10bit MOV files into Premiere Pro 13.0.2 a few weeks ago and when I opened Premiere Pro after an update yesterday it now tells me I have a missing codec.  Seriously, WTF?  What is with the inconsistencies with these releases??

Rolling back to 13.0.2 now to see if that helps?

Bad Adobe, bad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2019 Aug 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of using mediaencoder i use "Export"  from the timeline with H265 DJI files..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just ran into this today.  I have not taken and drone pics for about a year, and I can't remember what I did last time. 

But I could not see the files in the media Browser for import at all.  But I just just draged them from the file explorer to the project folder within the program and they injested just fine. (I had set up injest to make lower res 264 proxies) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @SofijaR ,martinb58810367, ThaiBear , melgrouse @bosk_2016 ,

Sorry for this problem. We have fixed this in the latest beta builds which means you should be able to import & work with these media files in Premiere Pro without converting them into any other formats. This is also on track to be available in normal builds. We will update you soon.

Meanwhile, you can download the latest Premiere Pro Beta build from Creative Cloud --> Beta apps --> Premiere Pro (Beta).
https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/creative-cloud-public-beta.html

Please let us know how it goes in the beta build.

Thanks,
Mayjain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines