• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC 2019 stuck and crashes at initializing

Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm having this now. When I first updated to the new CC 2019 version everything worked fine. Then I got a Bad_Pool_Caller crash (I'm on Windows 10) and since then PP won't fully start anymore (it was on on the moment of the crash).

During initialization it get's stuck everytime on a certain plugin . I erased all plugins and now it get's stuck when initializing "Importerquicktime.prm".

adobe block.JPG

I tried reinstalling, but nothing seems to work. When I use the previous version (12.1.2) of PP everything works fine. Problem is I have already upgraded some projects to CC 2019 and cannot open them in an older version.

My computer specs:

processor: Intel Core I7-6700 CPU 3.40 GHZ

RAM: 16 GB

Graphical card: Geforce GTX 1060 3GB

Does it have something to do with the Windows crash? I have a feeling it is, but don't know what to do? I looked for updating my network driver, but it was already the latest version as well.

Any help is much appreciated!

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 30, 2018 Nov 30, 2018

PROBLEM SOLVED

Hi there,

I had the same issue and tried many possible solutions from use the administrator rights, renaming the Plug-ins Folder to eliminate some plugins passing by clean up the TEMP folder... the result = problem not solved.

Before the tedious and dangerous reinstall everything advice I searched a little bit more.

Then following a Adobe support info I tried to delete a file named SharedTags.json and voila it worked.

The file can be found in the path - users\name\APPDATA\ROAMING\ADOBE

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2018 Nov 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea I ended all adobe process with task manager , I had to end adobe IPC broker and in less than a second hit delete on the temp folder. If you don't do it fast enough Ipc broker will reopen and won't let you delete it.

Hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a short follow up: after fixing the problem by creating a new windows account, I just had another bad_pool_caller crash. Again when closing CC 2019, giving my same initial problem with this new account.

This is very frustrating. Never had any problems with CC 2018.

I'm now going to reset my computer to factory conditions and reinstal everything. I'm hoping this will solve the problem.

Would appreciate some help from Adobe though...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe???? helloo???

Same issue... tried everything above and other suggestions as well from many other threads, but nothing works except creating a new user.. here's my other post loading importerquicktime.prm - crush

This is a complete waste of time for something we pay for.... i dont want to reinstall windows or use a new user account every time it crashes... because premiere loves to crash a lot..

PLEASE FIX THIS..The only comment from Adobe in this thread has been 'Still facing this issue, axellej? Let us know.'

That was two weeks ago.. How about a follow up Adobe? I have paying clients relying on my software to work as it should.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem, I went through about 2 hrs of a tech support controlling my system. He couldn't get it fixed.

It went up the line to a sr tech support who controlled the system for 3 hrs. Same result.

Making another windows user account will allow the premiere to work. He deemed that there is something corrupted with my Microsoft (original user profile) that he could not identify.

Adobe thinks it's on Microsoft's end. He recommended contacting them for a repair. I did not do this as I can use another user sccount when I use Premiere.

Not what anyone wants to hear.

I hope another user account works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is it on Microsoft's end if Adobe CC 2018, 2017, or ANY other Adobe program works, besides Premiere Pro CC2019?

That doesn't make much sense at all.. But it's always easier to blame someone else, I guess.

I'm on another user account as well for the time being, until the next version of Premier is released, where I'll predict that magically, the problem is no longer an issue. (But new bugs will be introduced, as always with Premiere.)

I've downloaded Divinci, as it's free, and am testing it out. They are getting better and better each year, where Adobe seems to just add new features, and old stuff stops working, or in this case, the program itself just stops working haha...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I believe I saw that some users in other posts are getting the same importerquicktime file error causing Premiere to stall and crash on startup and they are on Mac, not windows, so is Apple also to blame?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't get me wrong, I believe it's something in Adobe's verification of account as it relates to Windows while loading plugins, etc... I agree it's on their end but don't expect a fix through tech support. When they do another version update, hopefully they will get it right.

Whatever the new update of theirs corrupted, don't have any faith they will fix it now.

Don't waste any more emotional expense on this ATM.

Sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, I agree..

Good luck with your projects, hopefully the other User account continues to work in the mean time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same to you, Good Luck. If another user account experiences this corruption, then we have a serious problem. Keep in touch if that happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

On other forums, people have had their 2nd user account crash while using Premiere, then they weren't able to re-open. So It's definitely, not a solid fix, just a messy workaround for the time being.. But after a few hours of troubleshooting, I am able to continue working. It's not ideal, it's annoying, it's messy, but at least I can continue lol..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is there still no fix from Adobe yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea and haven't got any response from Adobe. It's very sad actually. I was able to work with the new CC 2019 via a second user account on my windows 10 before I had another fatal crash. Since I build my computer from scratch, I took a back up from everything and just complete reinstalled windows 10, putting my pc back into "factory settings". Doing this was my final solution and I'm now able to work with PP again without any interruptions or crashes.

This is definitely not a fix, but if you have your deadlines as I did, you might want to consider this option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did a clean install of Windows 10 (1809) and Premiere Pro CC 2019 did launch as expected. But today i installed the latest versions of the following plug-ins:

• NeatVideo SR
  • TMPGEnc Movie Plug-in AVC for Premiere Pro
  • Filminpact Transition Pack 1+4

Now Premiere Pro CC2019 is unable to launch unless i tick the "Run as Administrator". CC 2018 on the other hand launches without issues. If i delete the C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\7.0\MediaCore folder and all it´s content CC 2019 still fails to launch so i don´t know if this was a coincident or not. My User Account in Windows is an Administrator account...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi AxelleJ,

I was able to work with the new CC 2019 via a second user account on my windows 10 before I had another fatal crash.

That is the current workaround for this bug. Please upvote it here: Premiere Pro CC 2019 Causing BSOD, unable to initialize, stuck at "Initializing importerquicktime.pr...

I have no idea and haven't got any response from Adobe.

These are user to user forums, chiefly. A post here is not a support ticket. You have to contact us for direct action: Contact Customer Care

Sorry for the issue.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might not solve your problem but you roll back any project you've worked on so you can open it in Premiere Pro 2018 - Saving premiere cc 2019 project as cc 2018?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2018 Nov 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PROBLEM SOLVED

Hi there,

I had the same issue and tried many possible solutions from use the administrator rights, renaming the Plug-ins Folder to eliminate some plugins passing by clean up the TEMP folder... the result = problem not solved.

Before the tedious and dangerous reinstall everything advice I searched a little bit more.

Then following a Adobe support info I tried to delete a file named SharedTags.json and voila it worked.

The file can be found in the path - users\name\APPDATA\ROAMING\ADOBE\Common\Essential Sound\SharedTags.json

After delete just restart Premiere and it works.

I don`t know yet if the absence of this file causes some other trouble, but in the last hours so far so good.

Hope it helps

ALBERTO

DELL XPS  i7 32GB RAM - WINDOWS 10 - VIDEO BOARD AMD RADEON  R9 370

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2018 Nov 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Holy $h!^. It worked.

Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought removing SharedTags.json was the golden ticket!

My problems started when I tried to install Red Giant's Shooter Suite.. the install hung up on "Installing Premiere Pro panel for Plural Eyes"

At first Premiere wouldn't start.. so I began a process of removing plug-ins and reinstalling programs. Premiere appeared to be stable, and I reinstalled Shooter Suite. Finally I thought I have solved the problem(s) but i'm not that lucky

The panel actually installed but ever since Premiere has been crashing to Windows Blue screen.

and the SharedTags.json file reappears from time to time.....

Windows 10 1803

HP Envy I7-4700MQ

16 GB Ram

SSD

I'm one step away from swapping out the hard drive with the 10/18 cloned backup drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 23, 2019 Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem you face is different.  Red Giant software relies on several files that are no longer supported.

Shared tags file is a holdover from earlier java connection and premiere 2019 isn't compatible with it anymore.  It carries over from older versions.

You may have to stick with an older version until redgiant updates.  After that, you should be able to run it just fine.  I don't use the panel version of plural eyes or redgiant in premiere.  I always use shooter suite in AE only, and plural eyes I open myself, sync then import.  I can always copy any previous work over the top of an imported sequence, and it will be in sync.  It does double up on resources at first, but once I remove the old tracks I lock sync and go.  That way I never have to deal with plugins crashing etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2019 Jan 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works!!!! Thank you so much.

Last minute deadline, Premiere Pro CC 2019 failed to start and finally, this simple step saved my life.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2019 Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this folder "Essential Sound"does not exist in my files 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 31, 2019 May 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey.  Essential Sound is not a file.  It's a workspace.  The only set that would be in your files should be "Essential Graphics" which can be included in the main project's file set (check the storage settings for the project).  Essential graphics is also a workspace title, but it has files you can download from the adobe site and others that are built in to the suite for titles and motion graphic effects.  By copying them to your main project set, you can keep them with the project, and allow them to follow the project file, which will load them into AE's engine for playing them in your sequences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You saved my life!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2019 Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the exact same problem as you all had. I found out that, it is a simple OVER CLOCKING issue....when i told my bios to go to basic settings again, then my prem pro and windows crashes disappeared. Hope this helps you out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have to ask you how much RAM you have when Premiere was crashing before your BIOS adjustment.

Issue for me is overheating on an i7 ThinkPad. Fan starts roaring on overkill speed at only 45C.

No Win10 power plan % adjustments do anything.

What I am getting is I import then bring in this stupid mp4 file and I get sound but only dimmed out first frame and no way to make the video proceed. THENNNNNNNNNN ! I go to task manager and Premiere is claiming all remaining RAM. In this case around 56gb.

Still hangs up in Win10 and appears in TaskMan even after 20-30 secs after app closed from menu and cleared off desktop.

Pretty damned scary seeing that RAM (wtf-56of65gb) usage spiked out in TaskMan tho.

Unbelieveable the answers they give on here.

Nobody's even yet brought up trying to manage saving and storage of all Prem Project files on a D:/ drive as I am hoping to do.

That would be perfectly possible if off the rail monopoly predator coding empires (Adobe,Microsoft) were not so inately saturated with lazy uncreative fasionista phonies who do not care about their work or purpose. They can do no more or no less than what they are told to do. And the machine they work for is in the business of slowing down the majority of customers.

Very poor support.

The subscription model has corrupted the spirit of software development.

But a new day is upon us.  

The criminals that have been corrupting and selling out and betraying our best companies will be chased out.

I welcome all responses.

Especially ones that do not sound like perfect goose chasing material.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines